Tile size variation between CBS:Sewers and Dungeons

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Tile size variation between CBS:Sewers and Dungeons

Post by brvheart » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:24 pm

A change from 25mm to in is not going in the slightest going to stop me from buying more product or ruin my enjoyment of it. Honestly, QC is hard to maintain that little difference to begin with. Dwarven Forge is still THE best product on the market hands down afaic. Whenever I have had an issue they are always there to make it right.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:21 am

jackattack wrote:No photos. I don't have sewers, and I don't have DF-CBS. I'm just trying to offer a quick and easy solution to the horizontal sizing/spacing issue. Try varying gauges of wire if it seems better, but it's gonna cost more and it'll be harder to cut.
I edited my post. I was trying to be funny. I was addressing the Height difference.It seems to be an issue for stacking.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:11 am

None of this is an issue for me. I don't have sewers, and I don't have DF-CBS. I'm just trying to offer a quick and easy solution to the horizontal sizing/spacing issue.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:02 am

jackattack wrote:The yarn would go between tiles to compensate for the horizontal variance, not underneath, to physically space the smaller tiles evenly so they match up to the 2x2 grid set by the larger tiles.
"by pacarat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Height is an issue as well..."

I am sorry horizontal variance is not an issue for me. Apples and oranges as far as that goes. ;)
Last edited by Oldent on Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

tattooedtoad
Orc
Orc

Post by tattooedtoad » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:29 pm

Also the caverns tiles are a hair thicker then the gt

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:17 am

The yarn would go between tiles to compensate for the horizontal variance, not underneath, to physically space the smaller tiles evenly so they match up to the 2x2 grid set by the larger tiles.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:35 am

jackattack wrote:I suggest trying black yarn between tiles as a spacer, although I have no idea what "weight" or thickness would work best. It's cheap, it's easy to work with, and it won't hurt your DF or your table.
I cast a lot of 4bot and Hirst Arts floors.I use craft foam or felt with hard board to to match DF tiles

This is the foam card from the Dollar store. I made the Hirst Arts cave floor tiles to match by using hardboard and felt. I like the foam card better. It is easier for me to cut.The 4 bot cave floor were glued to plywood. They match without the extra step.

This Photo is a good illustration the different process in creating resin and PVC tiles. PVC is made in a rigid mold. It has to be flexible for it to be possible to remove from the mold.Resin is rigid and has to have a flexible mold.

You can see this passage casting has bowed out. Gravity and environment over time could have caused this but the likely culprit is worn mold rubber.If one of the newer casting products was used the mold wall was too thin or worn out. Retiring molds is part of the process. The Rigid molds are very expensive but don't wear out any where near as fast. PVC is thermoplastic. The environment can distort it too.

I do not have any of the KSI sets. I believe the bottoms of the tiles are the same as the KSII cave tiles. I suggest contact cement for the adhesive.Place the tile on the foam card and press it down. When the contact cement sets cut the card with a razor.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:08 am

I suggest trying black yarn between tiles as a spacer, although I have no idea what "weight" or thickness would work best. It's cheap, it's easy to work with, and it won't hurt your DF or your table.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:43 am

I certainly hope they are on the KSIII model, as I will mostly be using them together.

Silence on important things like this frequently frustrates me.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Jonathan
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Jonathan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:20 pm

The CBS pieces are very precisely 2" (or 1" or 4", depending on the piece), and the earlier dwarvenite offerings are just a smidgen under 2". I expect future pieces to conform to the precision that the CBS pieces have.

I concur that a more beautiful and rounded sculpt for dungeon walls would be lovely. I think making them conform to the CBS/Sewer precision dimension would be preferable.