Existing CBS items you wish were sold in packs

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Existing CBS items you wish were sold in packs

Post by geekjeff » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:35 pm

ebrandeis wrote:Broken record here, but if there was a City Builder Pillars pack with 8-12 pillars in it, I'd buy at least one immediately. I like some of the starter sets in the shop...they offer an inexpensive way to get a variety of pieces.
The pillars are nice, hopefully my 6 will do for now because I think I have enough Battlements.

Yes, the Starter Sets + Roof Packs are a way better deal than either the Walls & Floor packs or the Hamlet, Village, etc as they exist now without their stretch goals. Better mix of doors and window types, some magnetic walls and signs, nice balance of window dressings.

I kept my Capital City but sold off a Village pledge to fund an Imperial Streets purchase - I am happy to see that in case I ever do want more buildings I can get a roughly equivalent amount of stuff with an even better variety of pieces for a bit less than what I sold the village for.

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:22 pm

ebrandeis wrote:Broken record here, but if there was a City Builder Pillars pack with 8-12 pillars in it, I'd buy at least one immediately. I like some of the starter sets in the shop...they offer an inexpensive way to get a variety of pieces.
Does the double pillars pack help in this regard at all? Assuming you're running out of pillars in general, in your regular builds, how many buildings do you have together where you could include double pillars, thus freeing up regular pillars?

*edit*

Disregard the above comment. I realize now you're talking about Dwarven Pillars, not standard posts. Durrrrrrrr!

Agree on the starter sets. I picked one up during the pre-order because it was a great way to get offset windows along with a variety of other cool bits (more windows, another magnetic wall, etc...). It's a great set to spice up your builds.

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:06 pm

Broken record here, but if there was a City Builder Pillars pack with 8-12 pillars in it, I'd buy at least one immediately. I like some of the starter sets in the shop...they offer an inexpensive way to get a variety of pieces.

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:42 am

Dolken wrote:What I would like is to get more of is Sewer Wall Concave Curve. As i bought 8 Monster Sewers and ended up with 48 of them, compared to the 80 Sewer Wall Convex Curve. As I been doing large layouts with sluice and rooms I run out of Sewer Wall Concave Curve before i come close to using 2/3 of the walls. And with the Sewer wall pack with only 2 Sewer Wall Concave Curve and 4 Sewer Wall Convex Curve You just end up with more walls you cant use.

So what i would like to see is a pack of maybe 10 Sewer Wall Concave Curve.

Thank you,
Dolken
This. Definetly this. Just not enough concave sewer wall curves per set.
Last edited by Smogma on Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:37 am

I would like more of the tables with the candels
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:32 am

Mobius wrote:Based on Comments I've read, I think that Abbey Window Walls, Dwarven Pillars, and KS bonus minis would all be very popular packs.

For me, I would also add a small wooden railings and half-height posts pack. It would be nice to get some more without having to buy a $135 Deluxe Balcony Add-on.
That is exactly the list I would have posted, and I'm going to list it again because those are the items I would like to buy and want them to show up a lot in this thread.

Abbey Window Walls
Dwarven Pillars
Grab Bag Minis
Railings and Half-height Posts

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:29 am

Law wrote:I think basic roof sets would be the open water tiles of this KS. One set with two slate roofs, one with two Tudor roofs.

The way things are distributed now, you'll probably have enough roofs MOST of the time, if you build larger structures. The ratios seem to favor using up 6 or even 9 floor pieces for 3 roofs, etc. But sometimes you just want table coverage and the height of your buildings is
less important to you. Put it this way -- I sometimes have run out of roofs, but I've never really felt like I ran out of floors or walls. I've pretty much always had what I needed for basic structures, and when I stop, it's usually because I don't have a roof for them. Or I'll take a few buildings and make them taller just to get use out of my extra floors and walls, knowing I don't have another roof for them.

Plus, I've noticed that with very large builds, you can eat up a particular style. Build a huge Tudor manor, you're using 6, maybe 9 Tudor roofs. Even if you have a huge amount of stuff, you may only have 5 Tudor roofs. Or if you have 9, maybe you want other buildings in your city to have that style, as well -- not just one lone building. Having the option to grab a couple of extra roof pieces would add flexibility.
Agreed.

I've had the same happen to me. I think the problem happens because of exactly what you describe. Building up X-levels will mean your need for posts, walls and variations on walls will increase, but the number of roofs remains the same. But build out and quickly you see that area doing a number on your roofs - double your area and that quadruples the amount of roofs.

Its pretty much been stated that the current configurations favour building up with a 4x4 footprint and that makes a lot of sense - in fact, it's probably the best way to go... but a dedicated roof pack of 4 roofs would address building out - the quadrupling due to doubling area.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:20 am

Law wrote:That looks AMAZING! And where'd you get those musicians?!?!

Definitely stealing this railing idea.
I agree wholeheartedly!! Great use of the railings. That's an inspired idea. And those minis are fantastic, I have never seen thise before.

But to answer the original post, definitely a shutters pack.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:57 am

I think basic roof sets would be the open water tiles of this KS. One set with two slate roofs, one with two Tudor roofs.

The way things are distributed now, you'll probably have enough roofs MOST of the time, if you build larger structures. The ratios seem to favor using up 6 or even 9 floor pieces for 3 roofs, etc. But sometimes you just want table coverage and the height of your buildings is
less important to you. Put it this way -- I sometimes have run out of roofs, but I've never really felt like I ran out of floors or walls. I've pretty much always had what I needed for basic structures, and when I stop, it's usually because I don't have a roof for them. Or I'll take a few buildings and make them taller just to get use out of my extra floors and walls, knowing I don't have another roof for them.

Plus, I've noticed that with very large builds, you can eat up a particular style. Build a huge Tudor manor, you're using 6, maybe 9 Tudor roofs. Even if you have a huge amount of stuff, you may only have 5 Tudor roofs. Or if you have 9, maybe you want other buildings in your city to have that style, as well -- not just one lone building. Having the option to grab a couple of extra roof pieces would add flexibility.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:52 am

I will third that sentiment. Great thinking out of the ... well, maybe not out of the box, but more flipping it on its head! Love it. :-)
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.