Existing CBS items you wish were sold in packs

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Existing CBS items you wish were sold in packs

Post by Oldent » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:59 pm

kitenerd wrote:curse my new years resolution to buy only 2 unpainted miniatures for each one i complete!

I WANT the royal court, and the drinking halfling, and the guy fishing and....
Don't forget the sleeping hafling ;)

LordDust

The animals are cool too.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:43 pm

kitenerd wrote:curse my new years resolution to buy only 2 unpainted miniatures for each one i complete!

I haven't ordered a full set yet, but I have ordered enough pieces to equal a small set... so many delicious metal goodies! I really like the animal sets. I am beginning to get together things to make farms and forests, now I need more things to populate them. Good thing my wife is starting to like minis... this could have gotten ugly!

More on topic: I'd love to see the grab bag minis and the minis that never made it into the KS become available somehow.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:36 pm

curse my new years resolution to buy only 2 unpainted miniatures for each one i complete!

"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:16 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
I am not inclined to think it is a Grenadier model... as that is not typical of their numbering... however, I know Mirliton bought most of the original Grenadier molds and is still producing much of what they bought. So I went to their site and searched for trumpet. There are several... this one is similar (but clearly different):
http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php ... r-12501350

edit: Looks like someone found them... but I thought I would post the mirliton link anyway.
Thanks for the link, I'm always in favor of multiple versions of common things. I like to get my hands on as much verisimilitude as my budget will support! Stand ins, sometimes with varied paint jobs, are acceptable but it is nicer to have actual variety. Plus it looks as though that one is across the pond which likely makes it more affordable for our non-North American folks.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:13 pm

LordDust wrote:For the trumpeter I'm not sure if this is the exact one, but these guys are great to do business with and every cast they sent me was fantastic. Turnkey Miniatures got many things from Mega Miniatures and comes recommended by Johnny Lauck himself. I've ordered several times now and I can say they are great!
I second that. Craig, the owner of Turnkey, is a stand up guy. He casts cleanly and ships promptly. Sometimes he even throws in an extra or two. Plus, his minis are also 25mm so perfect size match for DF terrain and minis. There has been a scale creep in recent years, moving up to 28 and 32mm, so having a source for inexpensive 25mm is certainly nice.

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:06 pm

William wrote:
Law wrote:That looks AMAZING! And where'd you get those musicians?!?!

Definitely stealing this railing idea.
I think the trumpeteers were Grenadier from the early to mid 1990's. Not positive though.
On the bottoms are 094 (or @94) L & L. Tried to search to no avail, sorry. :oops:
I am not inclined to think it is a Grenadier model... as that is not typical of their numbering... however, I know Mirliton bought most of the original Grenadier molds and is still producing much of what they bought. So I went to their site and searched for trumpet. There are several... this one is similar (but clearly different):
http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php ... r-12501350

edit: Looks like someone found them... but I thought I would post the mirliton link anyway.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:46 pm

LordDust wrote:For the trumpeter I'm not sure if this is the exact one, but these guys are great to do business with and every cast they sent me was fantastic. Turnkey Miniatures got many things from Mega Miniatures and comes recommended by Johnny Lauck himself. I've ordered several times now and I can say they are great!
Cool you found it first!!! :D

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:42 pm

For the trumpeter I'm not sure if this is the exact one, but these guys are great to do business with and every cast they sent me was fantastic. Turnkey Miniatures got many things from Mega Miniatures and comes recommended by Johnny Lauck himself. I've ordered several times now and I can say they are great!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:35 pm

William wrote:

I think the trumpeteers were Grenadier from the early to mid 1990's. Not positive though.
On the bottoms are 094 (or @94) L & L. Tried to search to no avail, sorry. :oops:
Unobtainium
I think and fear you are correct. I hope the model is from Metal Majick picked up by Mega miniatures and may be available some where.I will let you know.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )