Existing CBS items you wish were sold in packs

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Existing CBS items you wish were sold in packs

Post by jchunick » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Law wrote:Really, it'd be great if most of the Wicked City pieces were broken up, though I'm not sure how best to do it. But a set of gargoyle posts, a set of market stalls, a set with the cart and horses.. each of these feels very useful. I'm not sure how to handle it, though, because just selling them individually doesn't fit the DF business model, and would sets of 20 gargoyle posts or 15 market stalls really be that popular? Few people would want THAT many, and even those that did would only buy one pack. Feels like it would be a slow seller.

Maybe if other, similarly-themed pieces emerge for KS4, a pack with more variety than just "15 gargoyle posts" would work.

I really did intend to grab an extra Wicked City set once everything showed up in the store, figuring that the ONLY element I wouldn't need another of was the fountain. But as it turns out, the four market stalls take up enough room, I rarely feel the need for more. (In fact, on many layouts I don't even have room for the four!) The gargoyle posts are nice, but I rarely build enough towers (or large enough ones) to require more than 4. (Plus, they make it harder to repurpose elements on the fly -- gargoyles won't fit snugly against another cube, so you have to either remove them or have limited places where you can put a cube built with them -- as a result, I find I often just don't use them at all -- so I hardly need four more!) The horses and cart are great, but I feel like it would look odd to have its twin trotting along two streets over. I WOULD like to see other traffic for the roads -- a royal carriage, a stagecoach, another kind of cart. Plus I have my GW knights. But an extra horse and cart, while probably the MOST tempting thing to buy again, still doesn't quite feel necessary to me.

It's a phenomenal set, don't get me wrong. But I think in the end, it's actually very well-balanced. One set gives you plenty of varied things which can add character to parts of the city. But only people doing HUGE layouts are really going to need more than what's included, and I'm not sure carving it up any smaller would make for big sellers.
I bought two. One of them is unpainted. The idea was to paint most of the pieces differently , including the fountain, and then cut off the pheasant to stick something else on in it's place. Two - one painted and one unpainted - is about the most that seems reasonable to buy.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:06 pm

Really, it'd be great if most of the Wicked City pieces were broken up, though I'm not sure how best to do it. But a set of gargoyle posts, a set of market stalls, a set with the cart and horses.. each of these feels very useful. I'm not sure how to handle it, though, because just selling them individually doesn't fit the DF business model, and would sets of 20 gargoyle posts or 15 market stalls really be that popular? Few people would want THAT many, and even those that did would only buy one pack. Feels like it would be a slow seller.

Maybe if other, similarly-themed pieces emerge for KS4, a pack with more variety than just "15 gargoyle posts" would work.

I really did intend to grab an extra Wicked City set once everything showed up in the store, figuring that the ONLY element I wouldn't need another of was the fountain. But as it turns out, the four market stalls take up enough room, I rarely feel the need for more. (In fact, on many layouts I don't even have room for the four!) The gargoyle posts are nice, but I rarely build enough towers (or large enough ones) to require more than 4. (Plus, they make it harder to repurpose elements on the fly -- gargoyles won't fit snugly against another cube, so you have to either remove them or have limited places where you can put a cube built with them -- as a result, I find I often just don't use them at all -- so I hardly need four more!) The horses and cart are great, but I feel like it would look odd to have its twin trotting along two streets over. I WOULD like to see other traffic for the roads -- a royal carriage, a stagecoach, another kind of cart. Plus I have my GW knights. But an extra horse and cart, while probably the MOST tempting thing to buy again, still doesn't quite feel necessary to me.

It's a phenomenal set, don't get me wrong. But I think in the end, it's actually very well-balanced. One set gives you plenty of varied things which can add character to parts of the city. But only people doing HUGE layouts are really going to need more than what's included, and I'm not sure carving it up any smaller would make for big sellers.

robertsconley
Kobold
Kobold

Post by robertsconley » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:55 am

I could use more plain floors stone or tudor

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Mobius wrote:Based on Comments I've read, I think that Abbey Window Walls, Dwarven Pillars, and KS bonus minis would all be very popular packs.

For me, I would also add a small wooden railings and half-height posts pack. It would be nice to get some more without having to buy a $135 Deluxe Balcony Add-on.
Agreed. I would also like the wagon but not for 65$. Also want some torch stands but maybe those are stretch goals only.

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:40 pm

I figure on the ground floor those lead to a root cellar, real cellar, or just stowage hole. I stairwell insert would be primo. Especially if it was two sided - one side just looks like more floor and the other a closed hatch.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Gargoyle posts.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:01 pm

More and more I would like just plain floors, tudor and stone with no trapdoors and stairwells. Yes, they make sense in a multi-sort build, but they really cramp my one-story builds.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:14 am

I want Abbey Window walls and Offset Window walls (Tudor and stone).

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Agreed... more window inserts would be awesome.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:41 pm

kodiakbear wrote:After each KS there have been items that many people have wished to get more of but not in the packs they were originally sold in.

The open water tile is the most requested from KS2 IMO

So what KS3 item or items do you most want sold in a bulk pack all its own?

For me I wish there were

20 packs of just closed shutter window inserts

and

20 packs of just open shutter window inserts
Bump