Existing CBS items you wish were sold in packs

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Existing CBS items you wish were sold in packs

Post by LordDust » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Jonathan wrote:
Oldent wrote:I want more curves for my streets others might want more strait sections.After my next purchase there will be no way to purchase the curves I need without ending up with more extra parts I am not willing to store or pay for.
It would be useful if there were a barter marketplace where folks can list things they want to give for trade, and things they want to get in trade.

That way if one wants to pick up a bunch of street curves and sidewalks, and someone else wants a bunch straight streets, the two of them could each buy a set of streets and then trade the unwanted parts with each other.

There was some of this going on after the KS3 shipments went out, when different people had different levels of interest in the stretch goals they received.
I had proposed last year that DF fans going to Gen Con should pack a few things to trade. I don't know how many will attend in a given year (though the booth is always busy with people buying and ordering, few seem to be from the forums) but even just a handful could make it worthwhile. If anyone is attending the con feel free to mention it here even if you can't do the meetup. You might be able to find someone that would like to trade a few things with you and arrange to meetup between events or in the vendor hall. If you're at the con anyway it would save you some money on shipping so long as it isn't a large trade. A handful of accessories or floors in dwarvenite wouldn't take up much space in your packing. You might even find someone who will trade something you want for some minis or other non-DF stuff you want to let go. I am also hoping DF will sell loose pieces at the con again. I think that works out to be more cost effective for them since they don't need a sku or individual shipping (it was sold by weight, price for what I bought worked out to be roughly the same price per piece as a typical pack breakdown based on some quick math).

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:46 pm

Add me to the list of people really wanting plain floors for CBS! I'm trying to build out a great hall in an abbey and despite having enough stone trap door, stair opening, and walls to drown in, it will cost me over $180 to get the 5 additional plain stone floors that I need for the build (3x5 shape is my aim).

I'm guessing others had the same problem earlier and bought out all of the unpainted stone floor mixed packs to save a few bucks...

I'm not sure if I can bring myself to spend $200 for the six floors that I need, plus I don't want to have to find storage for all of the additional items in the pack I really don't need.

I hope this info is useful to the DF team, although as others have pointed out if the mold configuration is fixed in a "mixed pack", there may not be much they can do to accommodate us...

Jonathan
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Jonathan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Oldent wrote:I want more curves for my streets others might want more strait sections.After my next purchase there will be no way to purchase the curves I need without ending up with more extra parts I am not willing to store or pay for.
It would be useful if there were a barter marketplace where folks can list things they want to give for trade, and things they want to get in trade.

That way if one wants to pick up a bunch of street curves and sidewalks, and someone else wants a bunch straight streets, the two of them could each buy a set of streets and then trade the unwanted parts with each other.

There was some of this going on after the KS3 shipments went out, when different people had different levels of interest in the stretch goals they received.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:02 am

Oldent wrote:kodiakbear , mentioned on another post that about 25 people are responsible for 75% of the forum post. We might not represent the average DF customer.I have been a customer long enough to have made the majority of my original resin sets retail.I miss being able to buy individual parts.

Individual parts has not turned out to be practical for DF .Sets will be more practical.I would certainly buy column sets.I want more curves for my streets others might want more strait sections.After my next purchase there will be no way to purchase the curves I need without ending up with more extra parts I am not willing to store or pay for.I do not think I am an average customer. I do not know if what I want is practical.
Very true, that is why I was trying to come at it from an angle as to what DF could do and still make money. While we all want what we want if a bulk pack is not going to sell in large amounts it is not worth getting it's own SKU.

On the other hand if we do not tell DF we want more of certain items in bulk backs they will never know.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:52 am

kodiakbear , mentioned on another post that about 25 people are responsible for 75% of the forum post. We might not represent the average DF customer.I have been a customer long enough to have made the majority of my original resin sets retail.I miss being able to buy individual parts.

Individual parts has not turned out to be practical for DF .Sets will be more practical.I would certainly buy column sets.I want more curves for my streets others might want more strait sections.After my next purchase there will be no way to purchase the curves I need without ending up with more extra parts I am not willing to store or pay for.I do not think I am an average customer. I do not know if what I want is practical.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:44 am

William wrote:20 packs of just closed shutter window inserts
20 packs of just open shutter window inserts
Abbey Window Walls
8 packs of Dwarven Pillars
8 packs of 1x1x1 Pedestals from KS1
8 packs of Octagonal Pillars from KS1
4 pack of Waterfalls from KS2
2 pack of Pivoting wall from KS2
16 packs of Open Water Tiles from KS2

small half-post and railings
10 Sewer Wall Concave Curve
10 Sewer Wall Convex Curve
Offset Window walls (Tudor and stone)
Gargoyle posts

EDIT- I would also like to request a coin set of just one of each coin. I don't use them for gaming, but would like a set for keepsakes.
While adding bulk packs for items from KS1 and KS2 would be nice also. There is nothing bulk about 2ea of something IMO. The idea I was going for was items that people would buy in bulk in addition to still buying the original sets.

I figure that a bulk pack of what ever needs to have a price of at least what a mushroom pack costs and is going to have to sell a lot to make it worth DF giving it its own SKU.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:43 am

20 packs of just closed shutter window inserts
Abbey Window Walls
8 packs of Dwarven Pillars
8 packs of 1x1x1 Pedestals from KS1
8 packs of Octagonal Pillars from KS1
4 pack of Waterfalls from KS2
2 pack of Pivoting wall from KS2
16 packs of Open Water Tiles from KS2

Gargoyle posts

EDIT- I would also like to request a coin set of just one of each coin. I don't use them for gaming, but would like a set for keepsakes.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:16 am

20 packs of just closed shutter window inserts
Abbey Window Walls
Dwarven Pillars
Gargoyle posts

Any more items that have already been made that you wish were sold in packs?

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:52 pm

William - I covet your dwarven pillars! - i may repaint mine - the green is amazing!!!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

canuckotter
Kobold
Kobold

Post by canuckotter » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:26 pm

dice4hire wrote:More and more I would like just plain floors, tudor and stone with no trapdoors and stairwells. Yes, they make sense in a multi-sort build, but they really cramp my one-story builds.
Even aside from one-story builds, having more plain floors makes sense. If I want a 1x2 block (or 4x8 inch) building that's 3 stories tall, right now I'll end up using two plain floors on the main floor, then have two sets of stairs and two trap doors. I really don't need that many ways of going up / down floors! ;) The trapdoor ones aren't really a problem for me - they don't look quite right but they at least hold a mini, but I have a lot more floor-with-stairwell pieces than I need and really I can't use most of them because I can't stand a mini on 'em. Sure I could fill the holes in, but it'd be easier for me if I could just buy some plain floors.

The problem definitely gets worse with low, spread-out builds though. My Frostgrave setups have been pretty cool but man it gets annoying when people end up going into a building with extra stairwells and the minis can't actually stand where they should be.