Storing your Dwarven Forge

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Storing your Dwarven Forge

Post by GODofwar » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:35 pm

Law wrote: KS3 feels VERY different, though. In addition to things that are clearly fragile like the light-up torches and the magnets, the whole set has a larger footprint and that makes me wonder. The streets and floors seem like they could warp if they're not stacked neatly. And I feel like the posts need to be treated carefully, too. If they have problems, the whole set will be largely useless. I also want to make sure the paint doesn't wear off -- it's tough to tell, but it seems like it could be vulnerable, especially on some of the wood floors. Some of my pieces seemed sticky when I unpacked them -- I seem to recall a similar issue with KS2, though, and those have aged well.
Time will tell, I suppose.
1-I put the posts in regular tool part cases. Works grand. I have one where pulling one divider makes a space exactly two horizontal posts + 1 Vertical post long - 40 posts altogether.
2-I wonder about the streets too. I've stowed my Imp St either lying flat or on edge, but the on edge has ME on edge...
3-I store the wooden floors flat, as the bottom of large drawers holding the original boxes of other Tudor or Stone parts. I alternate one floor with the original plastic envelope and one without, so all are protected but I only have half the hassle.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:31 pm

Law wrote:I've been pretty casual with KS1 and KS2 -- I keep them in bins, and they're just piled up. My kids play with them, and they get handled pretty roughly. And they're fine. They're amazingly durable. Definitely a key virtue of those sets.
I've said this for a long time.

I store my stuff in elaborate drawer systems b/c I rarely move it. When I took both Offsprings' DF groups to Wisconsin for three days of camping/playing on Halloween, I took the bins.....but I do that once in a blue moon.

The bins mean I can grab and build really fast; the bins are on one side of the aisle, Fly Board #1 on the other, so I can open the bins, grab, build really fast.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
dice4hire wrote:I did not realize that was a life-sized statue of Stefan in the teaser pic. I thought it was a miniature.
He warned you it was going to be expensive.
Hey if it is that big, a 1500 buy in is nothing!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:50 pm

dice4hire wrote:I did not realize that was a life-sized statue of Stefan in the teaser pic. I thought it was a miniature.
He warned you it was going to be expensive.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:42 pm

I did not realize that was a life-sized statue of Stefan in the teaser pic. I thought it was a miniature.

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:39 pm

It turns out that Kickstarter 4 will be a full- scale castle made of Dwarvenite, with built-in Dwaevenite storage to store your other Dwaevenite...

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:26 pm

I have 2 Alex Units from IKEA. They just filled up and I need to pick up a third. Pretty sure that will be adequate for the remaining minis' and sewers and streets, and then all of KS4.

Love love love my Alex Units

Himajin
Orc
Orc

Post by Himajin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:20 pm

I have most of my Dwarven Forge pieces in plastic tubs like these. Up to three for KSIII already, and I haven't even stored my sewers:

I wish I had room for drawer units that would make everything more accessible, but these do the job at least.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:12 pm

dice4hire wrote:I also think KSIII will be harder to store, though I have not given it much thought yet, I am planning to store my floors with posts in them.
I'm not because I'm afraid they will warp with storage and I'll eventually have posts that come out at odd angles. Dunno if this would actually happen or not...
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:50 pm

I also think KSIII will be harder to store, though I have not given it much thought yet, I am planning to store my floors with posts in them.