Alternate uses for LED torch stands

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Alternate uses for LED torch stands

Post by jchunick » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Oldent wrote:
jchunick wrote:
Oldent wrote:Could you not add a table cloth and plates or books and make tables or desk? :?:
Sounds like an interesting idea... I've seen pics you've posted before with tablecloths so give it a try and post your pics here.
I had to choose between a little of everything and enough to do something so I dropped the free stuff for sewers and streets.I won't have any.

Felt Paper and .17 cal airgun pellets.
Well, I can give it a go, sometime. The torches standing as high as they are may look a bit odd, though. It'll need legs to sit on, as well... hmmmm, I don't know how well that will work.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:15 am

jchunick wrote:
Oldent wrote:Could you not add a table cloth and plates or books and make tables or desk? :?:
Sounds like an interesting idea... I've seen pics you've posted before with tablecloths so give it a try and post your pics here.
I had to choose between a little of everything and enough to do something so I dropped the free stuff for sewers and streets.I won't have any.

Felt Paper and .17 cal airgun pellets.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:20 am

I had this same idea back when they brought them up. Big band maybe not, but a quartet should fit maybe up to six vocalists. I was thinking four part harmony... :o :o :o :o
Another thought is to set four of them over a few stacked floor tiles with short stairs up to the rear of one or both sides of the stage.
I also had the thought to maybe find or sculpt some light shields for four of the lights. :idea:
I only will get the 5 with the Capitol City pledge, but I think they will be used quite a bit.
DSCF3867crop.jpg
DSCF3867crop.jpg (208.21 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
I'll take a pick whenever they get here, unless someone with painted versions will do it first.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:41 am

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:35 pm

Could you not add a table cloth and plates or books and make tables or desk? :?:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Not a bad idea. I was thinking two together could make a small indoor or outdoor stage. Four could make some sort of center piece for a big bad or an important speaker.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Alternate uses for LED torch stands

Post by jchunick » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Here's an alternate lighting use for the LED torch stands, especially if you didn't pick up the LED walls, it's free lighting (since it was a stretch goal).
20160122_194509-600x1067.jpg
20160122_194509-600x1067.jpg (279.79 KiB) Viewed 1890 times
Last edited by jchunick on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.