Alternate uses for LED torch stands

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
whynotjon
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Alternate uses for LED torch stands

Post by whynotjon » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:17 pm

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but if anyone has a handful of torch stands they don't want, I am actively seeking them. PM me, y'all!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:16 am

pacarat wrote:
lostpict wrote:Obtw. How long will the led run from a single battery for the various KSIII lighted bits?
Dunno, but i had one from the catacombs set that went for several days straight, as I forgot to turn it off when we were done playing - :shock:

so say 48-72 hours...
+1... about that long.

Ive done that before when making LED pieces.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:43 pm

lostpict wrote:Obtw. How long will the led run from a single battery for the various KSIII lighted bits?
Dunno, but i had one from the catacombs set that went for several days straight, as I forgot to turn it off when we were done playing - :shock:

so say 48-72 hours...

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:39 pm

Thanks, Harneloot. After my panic subsided ("WHAT? There is resin I have not bought?") I checked. I've hopefully got some ordered.....

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:38 pm

Obtw. How long will the led run from a single battery for the various KSIII lighted bits?
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:36 pm

For me, the idea would be ~25mm round base that glows around the edges. I assume the oreo filling would glow and the top and bottom would not.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:31 pm

I'm not anyones puppet!
I'll have one later tonight.
Just joking :P, who can't imagine an oreo cookie? Ummm O.R.E.O. :shock: 'O' :o

I will say that one side (of the cookie) should be stone and the other as wood plank. Reversable with a flip. It should also mimic the floor, so when it's used as a spell effect (not tied to a miniature) you can position it anywhere. I was thinking the light would be between the sandwich and the (clear/opaque) ring(s) around the whole center would be removable. Also make it the switch to turn it on with a partial turn.
Another thought is what about a strobe, solid or phase the light bright to low and back...for effects.
Josh, I think you have a KS and if you can adjust the light to extend certain distances you'll be a rich man.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:43 pm

jchunick wrote:
pacarat wrote:
lostpict wrote:A small bit threadomancy, I would like glowing bases to indicate active spell effects. Any idea how to do that with LEDs?

maybe removable hollow transluscent plastic rings or arcs sandwiched in/under the base? then you only need a single clear led light., and customize the effect by using the appropriate color(s).

picture an oreo cookie, with led, etc., as the filling, and plastic arcs stuck in around edge, between the wafer parts. :)
Yeah, I like that idea a lot. So, anyone want to pipe up with what colours should reperesent what?... or just what colours could be used?... assume between 4-6 colours.
Ahem...I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around this, as far as to what it is to look like. Just a miniature sitting on a cookie sandwich? That's it? Perhaps I need a bit of a...well, I don't know...let's call it a...SKETCH! Hmmm, who could draw one of those darn things? ;)

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:41 pm

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

WHO HAS A CAT 2 SET TO SELL???

Post by GODofwar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:37 pm

GODofwar wrote:
William wrote:I said "something like" and it did have a skull, marble, urn, and two flame sizes per light fixture. If you missed them, go find your boxes, you have some little bags to go through. ;)
<<panic as Weasel races downstairs hoping he still has Cat @ separated...and little bags have not been eaten by the cats>>>

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
OK, William, I am an idiot. I never GOT a C2 set. I THOUGHT I did. I can remember ordering it. But no....

AAARG. Now I have to buy one.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod