Storing your Dwarven Forge

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Storing your Dwarven Forge

Post by dice4hire » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:52 am

I need to put away some of my mountains n\soon and I think I'll try doing it your way.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:11 am

Harliquinn wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:26 pm
Wonder if I'm a minority. Each of my tubs (15qt) has a subset of my set. That way if I want a few streets, I grab one of 2 street tubs which has all the pieces to build some streets, sidewalks, etc. that way I don't need to grab 3-4 tubs to get the needed pieces. Same for CBS. I have 2 tubs identically packaged to build Tudor buildings and 2 tubs packaged for stone buildings. Each tub has roofs, walls of all types, floors of each type, posts, etc.

John
Hmm, missed this post way back when, but this is a really good idea. No need to m\have everything in separate piles, but mixed piles sounds good to me.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:46 am

Some more storage ideas in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7979&hilit=1000th+post

I really like those scrap-book size containers.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Harliquinn
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Harliquinn » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:26 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:I store all of my stuff by type. Doors in one area, walls in another, floors in another, etc. Awesome idea for storage however.
Wonder if I'm a minority. Each of my tubs (15qt) has a subset of my set. That way if I want a few streets, I grab one of 2 street tubs which has all the pieces to build some streets, sidewalks, etc. that way I don't need to grab 3-4 tubs to get the needed pieces. Same for CBS. I have 2 tubs identically packaged to build Tudor buildings and 2 tubs packaged for stone buildings. Each tub has roofs, walls of all types, floors of each type, posts, etc.

John

Harliquinn
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Harliquinn » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 pm

lostpict wrote:I store all my DF stuff in Sterlite "purple latch" tubs from Target (and tons of other Wargaming stuff too). I use a mix of 6 quart (designed for shoes), 15 quart, and 32 quart. I then stack these on metal shelving units.
I am using the 15 qt Purple Latch and the size is perfect. I think I am up to about 25 for all my KS1, KS2, and KS3 painted sets. The width and length seem perfect for fitting enoug items and still letting them breath to find what I need. I use a few smaller tubs for some accessory pieces.

Generally I split up my total pieces into 2 or 4 equal batches and store them separately.

So for the CBS, my Tudor building pieces are split between 2 tubs, with the same pieces in each. So if I only need a few buildings grab 1 tub.

John

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:46 am

William wrote:Thanks, they are painted with Pokorny Bubble Blue (needed another use for it) and Lava Orange. I figured if it sticks well to the finished surfaces, why not the bottoms.

I've also painted the bottoms of my Customized Game Tiles and Caverns in Lava Orange, so they stand out in a crowd or pile. I also draw in pencil on the Orange bottom what the piece has on top, like a pivoting wall piece or hidden compartment under a floor tile. I'll have to post a picture of those once I shoot some (pictures that is). ;)

William, thanks. I think. Now I have another project!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:23 pm

Thanks, they are painted with Pokorny Bubble Blue (needed another use for it) and Lava Orange. I figured if it sticks well to the finished surfaces, why not the bottoms.

I've also painted the bottoms of my Customized Game Tiles and Caverns in Lava Orange, so they stand out in a crowd or pile. I also draw in pencil on the Orange bottom what the piece has on top, like a pivoting wall piece or hidden compartment under a floor tile. I'll have to post a picture of those once I shoot some (pictures that is). ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:59 pm

William wrote:Here is an idea I have not seen in the Forum.
I plan to store my walls upsidedown categorized by Tudor and Stone. But these will be the Windows stored downside-up :lol: and I will mark the Magnetic Walls with White or Lava Orange accross whole bottom. Anyway you can see the concept in this picture. ;)
DSCF4761crop.jpg
Any thoughts?
Right now I store walls in the boxes that came with KS III, labelled on the outside. If I ever transition to row storage for all walls, this is exactly how I would do it!

Thank you for the idea, William.

Do you differentiate between the walls with windows on the center, and the off-center windows? ---- NEver mind, I looked again, and I see how you mark the windows. GREAT idea! Is it paint or tape?

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:03 am

I like that... though I might do a light grey and tan to reflect stone and tudor, respectively.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:44 am

William wrote:Here is an idea I have not seen in the Forum.
I plan to store my walls upsidedown categorized by Tudor and Stone. But these will be the Windows stored downside-up :lol: and I will mark the Magnetic Walls with White or Lava Orange accross whole bottom. Anyway you can see the concept in this picture. ;)
DSCF4761crop.jpg
Any thoughts?
Very organized. Looks good.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.