Open Water Packs

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Re: Open Water Packs

Post by jonmilton » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:52 pm

These have showed up in the store, all stealth mode. Unpainted are "sold out" already which I hope is an error.

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by whyteshark » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Are there any pics of the new water tiles by chance?
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria

jasdotcom
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jasdotcom » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:40 am

kitenerd wrote:I just want to say right here that this level of responsiveness is what people on this forum have been begging for forever

Bless you Suzy!!!!!!
Ditto +1!!

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:45 pm

kitenerd wrote:I just want to say right here that this level of responsiveness is what people on this forum have been begging for forever

Bless you Suzy!!!!!!
+1 Suzy. This was sorely needed for a long time. Our thanks.

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:23 am

Bless you Suzy!!!!!!

Thanks! I try!

I will admit that I am a little too busy to be on here ALL the time, but you can always email me at dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com if you have an emergency question.

Also, if you quote me, I get an email about it and I always check that, if that helps ...

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:28 am

I just want to say right here that this level of responsiveness is what people on this forum have been begging for forever

Bless you Suzy!!!!!!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Audles wrote:
Curious what you recommend to "gloss" the unpainted open water tiles. Is it the same that you recommend for the sewer pieces?
We recommend Golden® Soft Gel Gloss Medium, which you should be able to find at your local art supply or craft store. This works well with our paints, and won't react badly to the paint underneath. It is the same thing that we recommend for the sewer pieces.

http://www.goldenpaints.com/products/medium-gels-pastes

Thanks!

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:18 pm

Audles wrote:
DFSuzy wrote:I HAVE INFO!

Looks like the Open Water Packs will be $46 painted and $32 unpainted. (No idea where $60 came from!) These will still have 16 pieces per pack. They should be available around the first of March with the restock of the other items.

Another new product will be an 8-pack of Freestanding Cavern Walls $36 painted/$26 unpainted. These will also be available when the restock is in.

Thanks for asking about these! We did need to address this.
Curious what you recommend to "gloss" the unpainted open water tiles. Is it the same that you recommend for the sewer pieces?
Stefan has suggested a clear nail polish. I have not tried that yet, but I am willing to give it a shot. I am also quickly realizing that most things will yellow some if they get any exposure to UV, so I am thinking I will try to add a tiny bit of blue so that with time it will tint faintly greenish blue. While I don't set my pieces in the sun I plan to use them for years and I figure there will be incidental exposure. Best to plan for the possibility IMO.

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:06 pm

I’m wondering if these will be available as an addon in KS4, hopefully with a much needed/wanted water caverns expansion pack.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:26 pm

DFSuzy wrote:I HAVE INFO!

Looks like the Open Water Packs will be $46 painted and $32 unpainted. (No idea where $60 came from!) These will still have 16 pieces per pack. They should be available around the first of March with the restock of the other items.

Another new product will be an 8-pack of Freestanding Cavern Walls $36 painted/$26 unpainted. These will also be available when the restock is in.

Thanks for asking about these! We did need to address this.