Open Water Packs

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
tattooedtoad
Orc
Orc

Re: Open Water Packs

Post by tattooedtoad » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:34 pm

Now are these going to be 4x4 special pieces or just 2x2 please need to know so as to plan purchase :D

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:15 pm

Regarding the price that has been given, please bare in mind guys that these are essentially a limited run, special release. Which likely means no bulk discount for DF at the per each level, as well as a potential extra expense for producing it as a limited run which includes molding, painting and packing something that was not a part of the original KS3 production agreement. Just something to keep in mind.

The original water tiles were part of a larger bulk KS run.

I hope Stefan can come back with a better price point. But production costs (again as a limited special release run) may be prohibitive. In other words, it may just be what it is.
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

jls304
Orc
Orc

Post by jls304 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:03 pm

That price does seem high but compare it to the resin open water tiles and it's still a cheap entry point. Now if DF throws in a few new pieces, like a whirlpool or something else, I would be ok with it as is.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:00 am

Thanks Suzy.
I do like the idea of smaller sets, so more customers can get the amount they need by just buying multiple packs. But I fear they may not sell at that price. :|

:idea: If Stefan was thinking of adding other water pieces in KS4, what about a Monsterous Dungeon Lake set rather than like the small River sets. It might be a way of incorporating a few new sculpts with lots of open water and some of the original already molded sculpts. Then maybe add some kind of high bank waters edge set, a dock system (small set but people who want larger layouts then order multiples) and a small set of various rafts and small boats as different add-on sets. Just an idea. 8-)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:06 am

Hi guys,

I have asked about this, and am still awaiting a response for both the price and further information on the unpainted versions. I will report back as I know more. So sorry for the delay!

Thanks!

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:18 am

9 painted, but there are 79 unpainted sets.
So, I should have a few days me thinks. ;)

I really wanted the 2x2 size for mods, I have a few ideas that these would work great for.
Unless they come out with a better way to do a diagonal and break up the straight edges somehow I'll be a little bummed. At that price I might have to think of some other way to do my pieces. I would have guessed a price better than the standard water sets, due to the comparative ease of the tile.
I can still hope it was an error due to everyone just being busy in Valoria. :roll: (Not rolling eyes, but praying.)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:58 am

Well, there are only 9 Cavern Water packs left, so don't wait too long to make your decision when the Open Water pack releases ;)

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:27 am

I guess we just have to wait until it hits the store to see what kind of value we're getting.

I would suspect there is more in the sweet than simply open water tiles. There may be some new sculpts in there that helps make the river into a lake.

Regardless of these makeup, I'm excited to see what's coming. It keeps things interesting. :D

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:48 am

It's $3.75 per tile no matter what size each tile is.

If the tiles are 2x2, that's about $0.94 per square inch of tile coverage. If the tiles are 4x4, that's about $0.23 per square inch.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:03 am

That must be wrong or a different size?
At that price I would just get more water caverns.