Regluing magnets to magnetic pieces

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Regluing magnets to magnetic pieces

Post by jchunick » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Yes, they are strong.

If you really want them to stick buy the 2-part epoxy glue in the dual syringe... I've found it at the Dollar Store here in Candada, in the past. Just be careful to not apply too much, otherwise it'll push the magnet too far out. The key if you ever have two magnets stick to each other is to slide them apart, not rip them apart. That way the force of the magnets won't overcome the glue.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Regluing magnets to magnetic pieces

Post by zoroaster100 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:40 pm

I remember during the Kickstarter some were concerned magnets could not be strong enough for the magnetic part concepts envisioned here. Well, they are strong enough alright! At one point I put the roof gables near each other on the table and witnessed two little magnets get ripped out of their respective gables and literally fly through the air to get attached to a third gable's magnet! Anyone have a recommendation on what to use to reattach the magnets to their corresponding pvc slot so they won't get easily ripped away by magnetism from other pieces? Superglue?