Corner Posts

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
PrincesofPilbarra
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Corner Posts

Post by PrincesofPilbarra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:10 am

Corner post are really useful. How to use corner post.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm torn. Having extra Corner Posts will be nice, but I'm still hoping DS4 is a bit more focused.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:24 am

AnimeSensei wrote: Well, fine. Just ruin the joke with logic, Lady Sabelle. :P hehe
That's my job. ;)
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:33 am

LadySabelle wrote:A hole in your chamber pot is a lot worse than a plug since you move and pour out a chamber pot after it's been used. Anime Sensei, I think you are thinking of plugged toilets, which is very bad.
Well, fine. Just ruin the joke with logic, Lady Sabelle. :P hehe
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:46 pm

GODofwar wrote:
I agree withe Josh...EXCEPT...I don't think its even close. Modularity and aesthetics win by a mile over all other considerations.
For the most part I agree with LW. However, there is a tipping point on simplicity. Though it is out there some ways.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:45 pm

A hole in your chamber pot is a lot worse than a plug since you move and pour out a chamber pot after it's been used. Anime Sensei, I think you are thinking of plugged toilets, which is very bad.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:42 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:Yes we had already thought about this in the last days of the campaign but we couldn't do it as we had already gone way overboard in moulds...

Will have new posts for sure in KS4

and maybe plugs for the floors as well:)

THe idea of plugs with things that woul be in that part of a room anyway...wow...I suggest one that could be in every bedroom anyway: A plug with a chamber pot on top!

The Least Weasel
Totus Ks Delendum Est
But you don't want plugs in your chamber pot! The backup is terrible!
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:10 pm

I think a plug add-on would be a nice addition to KSIV.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:09 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:Yes we had already thought about this in the last days of the campaign but we couldn't do it as we had already gone way overboard in moulds...

Will have new posts for sure in KS4

and maybe plugs for the floors as well:)

THe idea of plugs with things that woul be in that part of a room anyway...wow...I suggest one that could be in every bedroom anyway: A plug with a chamber pot on top!

The Least Weasel
Totus Ks Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:04 pm

jchunick wrote:
geekjeff wrote:And that picture kind of nails a big part of why I'm not enthusiastic about this system. A pile of 8 different kinds of posts to paw through, hoping I have enough of whatever I'm looking for, assembling 9 different pieces to make a 4x4 room and hoping that nothing is warped.

Versus plopping down four 2x2 tiles and done. Still REALLY hoping for Dwarvenite MBS. The new sculpts really do look more detailed than the old resin MBS and the durability would be great.
I tend to have a sliding scale. In my mind, these are the users' wants:
1. Modularity
2. Simplicity
3. Aesthetics

The fact is either a universal post is made that addresses various wall configurations so we get ultimate simplicity and modularity but sacrifice aesthetics, or we have 4 or 5 variations for ultimate aesthetics and modularity but sacrifice simplicity.

I would tend to say I'm in the camp where aesthetics and modularity typically win out over simplicity and modularity, but it's a close race - very close.
I'm reviewing this whole thread, so I'll comment as I go along.

I agree withe Josh...EXCEPT...I don't think its even close. Modularity and aesthetics win by a mile over all other considerations.

Why? Because the complexity problem boils down to two pieces: (1) Do I know what part I need, or do I have to spend a lot of time fiddling around to figure it out?, and (2) Where do I find the part I need among say (overgenerously) a dozen types of posts.
The 'complication' of having even a dozen types of posts vanishes with (1) experience (you use the system enough, you learn which post to use where almost instinctively), and (2) The problem of finding the right post vanishes with a small parts box, properly labelled.

I have to deal with this on every game. For cities for example, I can choose from:

SYSTEMS:
o-MBA (even though 25mm, I mostly have the really huge buildings like the Keep which work fine with 15mm, our usual scale. This applies to all the 25mm stuff)
o-Terraclix
o-Brickville (HO scale)
o-4Ground and at least a dozen other prebuilt 15mm scale;
o-...and soon, KS III.

I solve the problem just as above but on a grander scale. My KZ (war room) is heavily organized, with for example all Terraclix labelled in silver on the ends of the boxes, so I can find what I want fast. I'm in the process of creating excel files which show locations of all items.

I'm confident that if my system allows me to find the right SYSTEM to use, and the right parts within the systems (and it does) I can figure out how to use even a dozen types of posts. And if I can, you DwF wizards surely canl

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod