KS6 Planning Meeting

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Re: KS6 Planning Meeting

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:38 am

First things first:

Oldent - those LED Crystal caves look amazing - top job.

Spiropolous - great update - glad to hear the mini mini KS is not dead. Love the details on your team (so many talented artists), some we got to know in the KS comments (timezone Dependant) some in the Livefeeds (gotta keep those going), so great to hear of those that are not so visible and to be able to tell them what a great Job they are doing and long may it continue.

Not been too many beans about what Nate's vision is for KSVI, any likely to be dropped any time soon?
I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Very nice Thanks!!!!!!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 pm

So many possible beans.... hrrrrrrrrgggggg :? :shock: :o :? :shock:
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:45 pm

Thanks Stefan, loved the update. It's really amazing to hear how DF has evolved over the years.

Also...
Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Lady Sabelle: She does some incredibly detailed stuff! Can't wait for you all to get her creations done for the snake temple free standing walls...
Drooooool! Can't wait!

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello Folks!
Just hopping on here to answer a few questions:) Not spilling many beans though:( That picture was from the first sculpting run!
We had: Lady Sabelle, Elye, and Drew Williams, as special guest sculptors...(Chuck, LS's husband was along for the ride, but ended up being a major force in preparing the Tomb of Annihilation for a Brooklyn event with Matt Mercer that landed right during our sculpt fest-he was incredible!)

They are all coming back again in a month for round 2! We have never had a round 2! We might even have a round 3 this time!

Elye: he has been and still is a major driving force at DF...he sculpts more than me...in fact everybody now sculpts more than me! Most of the snake Temple was sculpted by Elye, with some light direction from me...he sculpted the Khree and the Ants as well!

Lady Sabelle: She does some incredibly detailed stuff! Can't wait for you all to get her creations done for the snake temple free standing walls...

Drew: Drew excels at miniatures...he sculpted Susuul and does many of our minis and small furniture along with Sandy Garrity...we have brought on several other miniature sculptors for a side project btw....Gah! Beans!

Nina: She is a classically trained artist who still attends the art students league regularly...She does a myriad of things, such as managing the day to day communication with China, and all other office things, social media, and also sculpting....that fine (and pricey) bridge in KS5? that was her creation with some minor fine tuning by me...I usually get everything on my desk at some point (except Drew and Elye) to look over and maybe fine tune. But I find myself less needed in that regard every month that passes!

Tobi:...he does everything, especially casting and building stuff along with Nate, Nina, and Erin, he is also our Computer Tech, and has been blocking up clay for me to sculpt...he measures and makes sure they are precise for me to work on, so he does the "grunt" work...and now he has also started detailing as well! So multi talented!

Erin: Our go to painter! She is a great colorist and I have found that she needs little direction from me! Her and Nina are a great team there, but when it's crunch time, everybody lends a hand working up prototypes after she (or Nina or I) set the colors...she is also an extraordinaire on the computer graphics, along with Nina and Tobi!

Nate: Nate is running the terrain KS! He is planning it, harnessing our sculptors, and it's his main vision (with some minor input form me and the team) that is carrying this into battle! He and Elye were the main forces behind the Castle design, and Nate was the visionary behind the change in KS presentation for KS5....he is also our Director of Photography and Video (amazing) and a real tornado of action! he has a tool and machine shop now in the new space and spends most his day there creating prototypes out of colored foam to show us his ideas:)

There are many others as well...some right here on these boards (you know who you are) Who help out in many ways (mostly top secret) But those are our main protagonists during our sculpt fests....an A TEAM of talent!

DF has grown so much in the last 4-5 years, and all the thanks to YOU FOLKS! We have brought together some of the best talent around, and it has now become a real collective...we actually have critique sessions where everybody tries to sculpt some stuff and then we all gather around to talk about what works and what doesn't...just like in Art School! (flashback) except we are not students, we are pro's...having everyone in the same room for 2 weeks brings a sharing of ideas...we learn from each other (and put up with each others music and eccentricities) and hopefully, we end up with something worthwhile, from artists who love gaming, not from CEO's of corporations! (oops, that's me) lol....

2018 will be an amazing year, several projects on the burner...but as usual the main one is KS6! Stay tuned!

Thank you for your support!

Stefan

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:11 pm

I was so hoping Terrain Tech was going to do something like this with their newest KS, but it was jsut the smoke machine.

There is so much potential with lights, though I prefer others to do it. I am not a huge fan of using lights in my games, too much trouble. A 12 inch by 12 inch light board and clear pieces might well have me change my mind.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:41 pm

I was trying to find a better way to light the ice cavern. I am considering a light table style special base.

This effect was created with a Halloween light.

I am going to make the special bases one foot by one foot. This will be a option for the lava tiles in the Massive darkness Crystal/lava campaign.

I will start a separate LED thread when I am further along
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:17 am

Oldent wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:49 am

I am going to convert the Ice caves to start.
Those caverns are quite nice.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:16 am

I always wondered how to succinctly define anarchy. Thanks Rabbit Burner!!! :D

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:16 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:52 am
Mythrasian Bunny society is a heady mix of Feudalism and neo-magical Marxism with a hint Borg/Tyranid/Bugs/Cybermen/Brood :)
Not an anarcho-syndicalist commune?