Montreal area Free shipping, no tax KS to Canada

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Montreal area Free shipping, no tax KS to Canada

Post by GODofwar » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:39 pm

gadsar wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 pm
Vielen Dank für das Teilen der ausgezeichneten Informationen Great Job halten die gute Arbeit

Nicht spreche die deutsch, as you can no doubt tell from half a sentence.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except K5

Reva Institute of Technology and Management Bangalore
Reva University admission
Bangalore Institute Of Technology admission
Acharya Institute of Technology Bangalore
BMS Institute of Technology Bangalore admission
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:03 pm

TLW
[/quote]
If you're offering, then I'm there! :-) Next year at fulfillment, then. It's a date, TLW.
[/quote]

Don't have to wait till then. I'd be glad to come up northward too.

But I'd be happy to help legally avoid customs...

TLW
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Alarian wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:41 pm
Nice to see a few Minnesotans here. I grew up in Minneapolis and currently live in central MN (for the past 15 years). Looks like we have the state covered!
Alarian, PM me. Where do you live? Geez, 'Central MN' covers a lot of sins, but you have to be close.

TLW
WeaselWarGod

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:41 pm

Nice to see a few Minnesotans here. I grew up in Minneapolis and currently live in central MN (for the past 15 years). Looks like we have the state covered!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:45 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:24 pm
jchunick wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:12 am
GODofwar wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:33 am

All, I live in the Minneapolis area. Josh (jchunick) lives not to far from the bitter northern end of my state. If Josh is willing, I will cart a load of sets up to him at the border. I have NOT talked to Josh (but will copy him on this).

If this gets wired together let me know and I'll provide n address. I have an SUV that can haul quite a lot, but there would be a finite limit!

Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
There's a border store (actually two now) for this very purpose, as it's been a very common practice for Canadians to come down and do a LOT of cross-border shopping for probably 40 or more years. The stores are:
Ryden's Border Store
9301 Ryden Rd, Grand Portage, MN 55605, USA
Note: There's a $3 fee for each package.

Grand Portage Parcel Pick-Up
77 Mile Creek Rd, Grand Portage, MN 55605, United States

However, here's the problem; The cost of shipping is included in the base pledge amount... even for US residents. There's no such thing as free shipping - it just gets absorbed/hidden. So, the cost of shipping is technically covered in Canada, too. The extra shipping costs on every pledge level and add-on that are added for all international addresses (non-US) worked out to the duty I would have had to pay for bringing the product across the border. That still has to get paid by the 3rd party logistics company that does all the shipping in Canada. So, unless my math is off (it could be), in my estimation there's not much benefit to getting it shipped to a border store other than getting in on the early US wave or if you can stay in the US for the requisite > 48 hrs., claim the $800 allowed and your pledge comes in under that.
https://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/ ... mini-guide
COme down for a two-day game???

TLW
If you're offering, then I'm there! :-) Next year at fulfillment, then. It's a date, TLW.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:24 pm

jchunick wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:12 am
GODofwar wrote:
biowizard wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:49 pm
Hi GrumpyOne,

For Canadians, it is very helpful to have an american shipping address. My KS1 and KS2 orders were shipped to a Bostonian friend. KS3 was shipped directly to "valoria" in NYC after I asked Stefan nicely. KS4 was shipped to Elye who lives in Vermont. This way us Canadians avoided shipping fees. As someone already living in the states, I don't think you would benefit much from "joining" my merry group of Canadian DF fans.
All, I live in the Minneapolis area. Josh (jchunick) lives not to far from the bitter northern end of my state. If Josh is willing, I will cart a load of sets up to him at the border. I have NOT talked to Josh (but will copy him on this).

If this gets wired together let me know and I'll provide n address. I have an SUV that can haul quite a lot, but there would be a finite limit!

There's a border store (actually two now) for this very purpose, as it's been a very common practice for Canadians to come down and do a LOT of cross-border shopping for probably 40 or more years. The stores are:
Ryden's Border Store

However, here's the problem; The cost of shipping is included in the base pledge amount... even for US residents. There's no such thing as free shipping - it just gets absorbed/hidden. So, the cost of shipping is technically covered in Canada, too. The extra shipping costs on every pledge level and add-on that are added for all international addresses (non-US) worked out to the duty I would have had to pay for bringing the product across the border. That still has to get paid by the 3rd party logistics company that does all the shipping in Canada. So, unless my math is off (it could be), in my estimation there's not much benefit to getting it shipped to a border store other than getting in on the early US wave or if you can stay in the US for the requisite > 48 hrs., claim the $800 allowed and your pledge comes in under that.
COme down for a two-day game???

TLW
WeaselWarGod

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:12 am

GODofwar wrote:
biowizard wrote:
Hi GrumpyOne,

For Canadians, it is very helpful to have an american shipping address. My KS1 and KS2 orders were shipped to a Bostonian friend. KS3 was shipped directly to "valoria" in NYC after I asked Stefan nicely. KS4 was shipped to Elye who lives in Vermont. This way us Canadians avoided shipping fees. As someone already living in the states, I don't think you would benefit much from "joining" my merry group of Canadian DF fans.

Ryden's Border Store

Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:33 am

biowizard wrote:
Hi GrumpyOne,

WeaselWarGod

bernyleung
Ogre
Ogre

Post by bernyleung » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:54 am

biowizard wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:06 pm
When you stay 48 hours+ in the US, you are tax exempt for $800 per person when you come back. So, I time my travel South with a romantic getaway with my wife. Win on so many levels!
Yeah, but quite frankly, Point Roberts WA is a hole. I wouldn't want to stay 48 minutes, much less 48 hours.