Dwarven Forge Terrain Collector Catalog

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Dwarven Forge Terrain Collector Catalog

Post by GODofwar » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:30 am

Widowmaker, I haven't known about the catalog till now...I don't usually wander through the older threads, but I'm starting to. Incredible amount of work.

Thank you!

Do we need a password to get into the Dropbox?

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by koraldon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Hi,
I'm organizing my KS4 stuff, and wondered if this is going to be updated by any chance?

Thanks.

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:28 pm

I created a thread just for the wiki topic over here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6914

Not sure if that's exactly the right place, but I figure it should be split out from discussion on the Excel tool here.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:06 pm

Given that it is a collection of web pages like any wiki you could easily create a master list of organiational methods. Clicking date takes you to a page that divides the individual links by date, theme (dungeon, cavern, ruins, etc.), material (resin or dwarvenite), and other options are all viable. It would be a smidge more work but it would allow browsing by whichever method best suits a given query. I am unfamiliar with the construction and maintenance of wikis myself outside of the end user experience. If I end up with the time though I may try to contribute a bit later.

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:55 pm

Vegomatic wrote:I was thinking about organization of the wiki...

Perhaps the pages should be organized by theme rather than date. I think if I were searching, I would be more inclined to browse the site that way as I might be looking for what I needed to complete a set or collection. There should also be a set of timeline pages that link to the proper item(s) or set detail page(s).
This makes sense to me. Sadly I haven't had time to work on adding to the Wiki, so this is a great chance for anyone with a strong opinion to give it a shot. We can always make adjustments and additions later. So, I say go for it!

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:33 pm

I was thinking about organization of the wiki...

Perhaps the pages should be organized by theme rather than date. I think if I were searching, I would be more inclined to browse the site that way as I might be looking for what I needed to complete a set or collection. There should also be a set of timeline pages that link to the proper item(s) or set detail page(s).

For example... Dwarvenite Game Tiles (Dungeon) and Dwarvenite Caverns. Some pieces intended for the Dungeon sets were released with the Cavern set as part that kickstarter. If I were just getting started I wouldn't know that. They recently moved those pieces from the Cavern page to the Dungeon page in the store. I would look for dungeon passages in the dungeon tiles group before I would think to look under a year for more dungeon tiles.

I see a page organization something like this:

Dwarvenite
  • Dungeon (Game) Tiles (description of what these are)
    • Single Base Set (full description of set with both painted and unpainted images)
      • Link to Swinging Door (thumbnail and/or text with link to detail page)
        Link to Corner
        Link to Floor
        Link to Straight Wall
      Diagonal Wall Set (full description of set... )
      • Link to diagonal wall piece
        Link to diagonal floor piece
      etc...
    Cavern Tiles
    • Single Base Set
      • Link to Straight wall
        Link to Corner
        Link to Floor piece
      Kickstarter Stretch Goal Set
      etc...
    Pieces (this grouping could be sub grouped by theme as well)
    • Swinging Door (full description, painted and unpainted images, link to sets it is part of)
      Dungeon Straight Wall piece
      Cavern Straight Wall A piece
      etc...
Resin (or classic)
  • Dungeon Sets
    • Room and Passages Set...
      Set of 8 Red Columns...
      etc...
    Cavern Sets
    • Cavernous Rivers and Walls set...
      etc...
    Realms of the Ancients (is this a subset of dungeon sets?)
    • Ancient Treasures Set
      RotA 1
      etc...
    etc...
    Pieces
Timeline Page(s) (perhaps one page per year, or one page with complete time line)
    • City Builder
      • Hamlet (maybe a brief description and/or small photo with link to the set page)
        City Streets
        Monster Sewer
        etc..

Listing and brief description of set(s) released with link to appropriate detail page above

History of Dwarven Forge
    • Might include photos of ads (if we can find any)
      production process (image of steel molds for dwarvenite)
      links to YouTube videos
      staff info?....
      design contributors (LadySabelle, GiffinTamer, etc...) perhaps links to the items.
Other info
  • Modified pieces submitted by fans
    Layout images submitted by fans
    etc...
Feedback? anyone? anyone?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:57 am

I know I was very enthusiastic about getting a wiki up, but life has a way of throwing you curveballs and right now I don't have the time... anyone else have time to update it?
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:57 pm

Widowmaker, Love the spreadsheets! I used them during the last kickstarter (from a link in the comments). Thank you!

Suggestion: I would recommend modding the dwarvenite pages to list base sets and kickstarter stretch goal sets separately... These days the stretch goals sets can be bought and sold through e-bay without the base sets so someone wanting to use this for purposes of personal inventory might find that useful.

To that end, it might also be nice to have a place to put prices paid (from website or ebay or...) as well as the kickstarter prices. I am new to DF with KS3 and have recently purchased some sets from DF directly as well as eBay. I expect many people to be buying things from the web store after KS3 delivers.

I had been in process of building a spreadsheet of my own for my personal inventory... (I forgot about yours between the end of KS3 and purchasing some sets of dwarvenite and resin). For my spreadsheet I have been working mainly from the two DF sites (us and eu) and ebay... our resin content is comparable... you have a couple of things I don't and vice-versa.

As to the SKU#s (DWA vs MM) I use the SKU on the box photos or the one listed in the cart when purchasing from the DF site. So there are a mix of DWA, MM, and neither (just the set number-XXX).

I was trying to work out a way to add photos and found this thread...

Is the wiki still a go? I went there but there has been no activity. If it is a go, perhaps the spreadsheet could link to photos on the wiki?

Rather than continue on my own, I would love to contribute... let me know what I can do to help!

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Post by jonmilton » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:25 pm

I noticed a few sets missing from the spreadsheet: Painted ice caverns, Door Pack, and Furnishings Pack. It would also be nice to have the Dungeon passages moved to the dungeon tab now that the KS is long over.

Love the spreadsheet, find it invaluable.