Monster sets or Secondary KS themes

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Monster sets or Secondary KS themes

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:46 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:28 am
Truth be told as much as I want awesome 12" tall modular Dwarvenite trees that have a 5 main side branch system around the trunk. A system were one can remove some of those large branches and have walk ways from tree to tree and have the trees at different elevations or all on the same level and platforms that are big enough for a city builder house to be on. None of this awesomeness is meant to replace cheap little trees that are nothing but back ground décor. I get that some gamers do not game in the wilds just like I and others had little use for castles. I will be in for KS6 if it is a return to caverns with outdoor add-ons or just more awesome outdoor terrain like the mountain sets.
Hmmmm was so against DF doing trees, whist no flock messless trees have some appeal there are a lot of variety already in the marketplace.

Then you had to go and suggest Modular trees, trunks, branches, walkways and what is effectively CBS for wood elves!
Genius!

Rivendell, Lothlórien, Silvanost and Qualinost all come to mind.

Not sure if I'd go big on these - ahh who am I kidding? of course I would :D
I am the Game and I want to Play

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:59 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:28 am
Imagine there are Dwarvenite trees
It's easy if you try
No loose flock on your game table
Above us only sky

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the wilds will be as one

I blame GODofwar for using the work imagine.

Truth be told as much as I want awesome 12" tall modular Dwarvenite trees that have a 5 main side branch system around the trunk. A system were one can remove some of those large branches and have walk ways from tree to tree and have the trees at different elevations or all on the same level and platforms that are big enough for a city builder house to be on. None of this awesomeness is meant to replace cheap little trees that are nothing but back ground décor. I get that some gamers do not game in the wilds just like I and others had little use for castles. I will be in for KS6 if it is a return to caverns with outdoor add-ons or just more awesome outdoor terrain like the mountain sets.
And I blame YOU for constantly bringing up the ONLY excuse for outdoor terrain ....trees walkway systems far enough off the ground to be visually pleasing.

Curse you, you darn tonne of verminous bear meat!!

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:28 am

Imagine there are Dwarvenite trees
It's easy if you try
No loose flock on your game table
Above us only sky

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the wilds will be as one

I blame GODofwar for using the work imagine.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:00 pm

I remain adamant - can't imagine how DwF can make outdoor stuff cheaply enough to get it in quantity (trees one needs in LARGE quantities) and be so much better than stuff for 1/20th the price I would buy it. Sorry. Trees are background decoration. Same for most of the outdoor theme stuff. I won't be in.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:23 am

I think the difference in taste comes down to visuals (traditional trees) vs durability/ease (dwarvenite). I would keep both on hand personally. Dwarvenite-G trees would not be my first choice unless there were sagging branch problems with normal dwarvenite.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Oldent wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:14 pm
"I want DWARVENITE! Nothing else!"

I am familiar with Williams preference. I do not share it but understand it. Sorry I do not get this, explain please.Why and what do you think this will look like?
Why? Because I love Dwarvenite, but hate the lego feel of the Gorgonite, especially at a high price point. Also solid Dwarvenite trees = no falling foliage on a quality product = best miniature trees ever.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:40 am
Oldent wrote:
what do you think this will look like?
A tree. ;)
:lol:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:40 am

Oldent wrote:
what do you think this will look like?
A tree. ;)

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:14 pm

I am familiar with Williams preference. I do not share it but understand it. Sorry I do not get this, explain please.Why and what do you think this will look like?

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:13 pm

I am familiar with Williams presence. I do not share it but understand it. Sorry I do not get this, explain please.Why and what do you think this will look like?
I hate auto correct :!: sorry for the double post :oops:
Last edited by Oldent on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.