Post by jgt4242 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:01 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:46 pm
Oldent wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:19 am
kodiakbear wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:18 am

What a great idea.
Just say no to Dwarvenite trees ;) Let DF decide the best material to make them out of Please :!: William started a tree post awhile back. Lots of ideas there :!:
I will skip any DF trees (just like I skipped Burrows) if it happens in the next KS. It would have to completely blow my mind in order to even be reconsidered. My $ will stretch toward other things, most likely.
I will skip the Burrows since I consider I can do tunnel with Caverns sets, but Dwarvenite trees to me would be an awesome addition, especially considering the low quality of all the miniatures trees I've seen. And no I don't want Gorgonite trees...I want DWARVENITE! Nothing else!

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Monster sets or Secondary KS themes

Post by bernyleung » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Oldent wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:19 am
kodiakbear wrote:
jgt4242 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:03 pm
The only set I want from DF is a Forest/outdoor set.
I want Dwarvenite trees with no falling folliage damn it!
And don't make them in Gorgonite, I want Dwarvenite!
What a great idea.
Just say no to Dwarvenite trees ;) Let DF decide the best material to make them out of Please :!: William started a tree post awhile back. Lots of ideas there :!:
I will skip any DF trees (just like I skipped Burrows) if it happens in the next KS. It would have to completely blow my mind in order to even be reconsidered. My $ will stretch toward other things, most likely.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:19 am

kodiakbear wrote:
jgt4242 wrote:
What a great idea.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:18 am

jgt4242 wrote:
What a great idea.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:19 pm

+1,000,000,000,000,000,...
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:03 pm

Not the first time I say it, but the burrow floor hole where you can place object plug-in would be perfect for 4x4 or 8x8 outdoor environement where you could place rocks, trees, patch of flowers, little water pool, etc. Make it a primary/secondary set I don't care, but do it! I want Dwarvenite trees with no falling folliage damn it!

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:43 am

zenmaster wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:47 am
I fully support the idea of a Ports/Docks theme or subset in a future KS. That is one common adventuring area that is lacking in the DF catalog.

I concur with diceforhire on the burrows. They were an easy pass for me. Very specialized environment. I don't see so much value in them given you can create a similar atmosphere with caverns pieces if you needed to.
That's what is great about gaming, such diverse games.

For me burrows/soft earth caves would be useful over and over and Ports/Docks are a very specialized environment. Sure I could use docks but I could just use village floor tiles for how often I need them. While I would consider burrows/soft earth caves way different that hard stone caves and worthy of their own tiles.

Either way have fun gaming.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:47 am

I fully support the idea of a Ports/Docks theme or subset in a future KS. That is one common adventuring area that is lacking in the DF catalog. Pieces to suit dock areas of all sizes (rivers, fishing villages, large ports) would be awesome.

I concur with diceforhire on the burrows. They were an easy pass for me. Very specialized environment. I don't see so much value in them given you can create a similar atmosphere with caverns pieces if you needed to. I think diceforhire meant that you need a LOT of pieces just to create a realistic burrow, if you are going for that adventure setting. Can't just sprinkle a few pieces in so well. I don't think they are very playable for me, because how many burrows adventures would I ever have? Unless the campaign is in some kind of insect or worm world, the cost to usage benefit make them a non-starter for me. I am sure some people will love them immensely, and that is great.
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:11 am

dice4hire wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:43 pm
did not get and will not get burrows. They do not look playable enough and they need to many pieces to work. I saw them at Gencon and they do look amazing. I hope other people enjoy them immensely.
By " They do not look playable enough" do you mean that you would not use them often enough to make them worth it, or do you mean that they have some kind of flaw making them unplayable even if they do look amazing?

By "they need to many pieces to work" do you mean they take 17 basic pieces to use where as caverns have 13 basic pieces but could be use with only the original 3?

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:43 pm

I got three sewers, which was far less than I spent on KSIII especially counting retail.

I got two mountains mega-sets and that was about equal to what I got on castles.

Overall I have liked the secondary sets, but did not get and will not get burrows. They do not look playable enough and they need to many pieces to work. I saw them at Gencon and they do look amazing. I hope other people enjoy them immensely.

As for the future, ]I would like docks though there is a KS starting in September that may scratch that itch for me.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria