Monster sets or Secondary KS themes

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Monster sets or Secondary KS themes

Post by Oldent » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:25 am

Dwarvenite-G and Dwarvenite are cute names but they confuse the issue. Dwarvenite-G will not hold the detail is plain baseless speculation.I do not know the formula and it just does not matter. If you want a plastic tree that does not shed flock it is inane to restrict DF to Dwarvenite.

This aquarium decoration has glow in the dark plastic leaves. There is no reason that they could not be made in a more realistic color or scale. They also plug in. The leaves are some kind of soft plastic but hold paint well.

Sorry, I did not have room or time to clean off an area for a photo.This is a 3D printed dice tower on top of a new LED Halloween decoration. I could have easily used a city system building but I do not own any. The dice tower section has a whole in it that just happened to fit. I am in the middle of a project. The stack of 4" by 4" bases will be used to convert Massive Darkness Tiles to 3D unless the 1' by 1' bases work better.

I do not have a 3D printer but Allen, Thomas and his brother do. I have already talked to them about trees.They like some of my paper roll trees and want to make them with the 3D printer and new scanner.

I have hundreds of trees and over 200 Ents I do not want Dwarvenite trees. I would like a Swiss Family Robinson Tree house . LOTR theamed tree houses would also be cool.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:50 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:01 am
I would not mind dwarvenite trees but no bigger than about 10cm or so, I don't want to put a whole KSIII house up in the tree or anything. Just decor for a more outdoors setting.

3D printing may be interesting but I'm not jumping down that rabbit hole thank you too much. I might get burned. :)
I think you could get a whole KSIII house up in a Dwarvenite-G tree :D though it would be better if the tree house components were also made of Dwarvenite-G which wont have the texture but would surely look amazing.

I think it would make a fabulous secondary KS theme, where you could have just trees, just big trees, just big trees with walkways and then BFO trees with living areas or tree houses.

The smell of burnt Rabbit fur is over rated and with four rabbits feet you'd think I'd have been luckier.
I am the Game and I want to Play

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:24 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:05 pm
Dwarvenite would start to bend and deform if we had a walkway system that carried weight unless it could be supported correctly.
Like the wall spears from KS5 I would expect DF Tree village walkways, ladders and platforms to be made from a ridged Lego type abs like Dwarvenite-G.

I would hope the trees could be Dwarvenite at least on the outside so they would have better texture.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:01 am

I would not mind dwarvenite trees but no bigger than about 10cm or so, I don't want to put a whole KSIII house up in the tree or anything. Just decor for a more outdoors setting.

3D printing may be interesting but I'm not jumping down that rabbit hole thank you too much. I might get burned. :)
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Agreed - don't need Dwarvenite for trees.

as far as Dragon Lock goes would the system work for trees ? Don't know a huge amount about the technical side of what they model but trees would seem a stretch right now.

A 3D printer is still on the wishlist but got burnt trying to get one via KS :( that will teach me to go cheap and normally I don't like cheap as you generally get your moneys worth.
Last edited by Rabbit Burner on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Game and I want to Play

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:27 pm

With how they've done the ice caverns and some of the runic and LED items, I'd -LOVE- Dwarven Forge to do an add-on for caverns with crystals. Jeweled caverns or mines. Put some LEDs in there perhaps.....
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Even if Dwarvenite trees were available, I think I'd be out. There are other, more useful themes to me (that I'm sure DF will make) that will capture my $.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:20 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:05 pm
Though I don't like Dwarvenite-G really, I do agree with you, Oldent. Traditional Dwarvenite would start to bend and deform if we had a walkway system that carried weight unless it could be supported correctly.
What a hoot. Dwarvenite is now "traditional"!

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, Except KS5
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Though I don't like Dwarvenite-G really, I do agree with you, Oldent. Traditional Dwarvenite would start to bend and deform if we had a walkway system that carried weight unless it could be supported correctly.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:13 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:46 am

Rivendell, Lothlórien, Silvanost and Qualinost all come to mind.

Not sure if I'd go big on these - ahh who am I kidding? of course I would :D
I am also A LOTR fan

William and I had some ideas. I am discouraged by idea that so many of the posters insist on Dwarvenite. There are many soft plastics that would make much better leaves. Hard plastic would be much better for modular trunks and thin walkways. I think we would have a better chance of success with Dragon Lock. Some of my friends are working with 3D printers. Creating castable prototypes is more difficult than many people believe.The DF artist would have an advantage because they already understand that part of the industry.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!