Who all wants 4x4 tile packs?

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Who all wants 4x4 tile packs?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:27 am

The mistake we think is going back to pre KSIII sizing once KSIII threw up more accurate casting and came out at a different size.

Moving on we could have had a standard size, chopping back to pre KSIII sizing means there will always be an incompatibility between over and under ground pieces.

But there would have been a lot of very angry KSI and II backers if DF had not done what they did.

Obviously it would have been even better to stick with KSI and II sizes
I am the Game and I want to Play

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 pm

As someone with a large resin collection, I prefer the KS1/KS2 sizes as they are more compatible with the rest of my collection.

I get the reasoning for a standardized size, especially with KS3 and KS4's vertical concepts, but I do wonder how much they regret not making the sizes more proportionate to the original game tiles footprint and height. While KS1 was never completely uniform, going with an average would have likely been the best solution. But as none of us have a time machine (except I assume Rabbit Burner), we must accept what we have and move on. :)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:38 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:54 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:27 pm
Talistran wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:35 am
I know others would not be happy, but I would have been SO happy if they had gone to KS3/KS4 sizing for KS5 and 6. I would have sold all of my KS1 and KS2 stuff to people who don't care about aesthetics and started over.
This is what DF should have done. If everything new was the new size people could get rid of the old stuff or keep it as they wish but all the new customers coming along could have had stuff the same size. Alas the decision was made differently so sizegate will never go away.
With more people taking part in KS1,2,5 it now makes sense for them to get rid of their KS3/KS4 ;)
Blasphemy!!!!!

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:54 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Talistran wrote:
I know others would not be happy, but I would have been SO happy if they had gone to KS3/KS4 sizing for KS5 and 6. I would have sold all of my KS1 and KS2 stuff to people who don't care about aesthetics and started over.
This is what DF should have done. If everything new was the new size people could get rid of the old stuff or keep it as they wish but all the new customers coming along could have had stuff the same size. Alas the decision was made differently so sizegate will never go away.
With more people taking part in KS1,2,5 it now makes sense for them to get rid of their KS3/KS4 ;)

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:28 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Talistran wrote:
There were a lot of comments made for DF to provide the new dungeon for those wanting to augment their KSI collections, so whilst disappointed we were not surprised they went back to KSI sizing.

And like you point out it means scalegate/sizegate wont go away :(

We use KS2 water caverns with Castle and City pieces and don't have a problem. The problem you have with modular systems you will always find issues with compatibility and aesthetics if you want to look for them, but generally once you get playing they will mostly go away in our experience. But everyone's different and DF cant cater for them all.

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:05 pm

I really like 4x4. Theses tiles cover so much area in so little time. I hope to see more of these in the future plus 4x8 and 8x8 tiles.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Talistran wrote:
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:59 am

+1 for additional 4x4 tile options, I constantly use my 4x4 cavern pieces.

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:35 am

lostpict wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:21 pm
As to 4x4 water tiles I am imagining canals, moats, streams, bulkheads, etc. designed to integrate with a townscape or mountainscape. They can indeed be modeled with negative space (indeed as can streets, alleys. Etc) or for very short runs be emulated with the cavern water tiles (but alas the size difference quickly creates cracks in the water). Anyway, that is what I hope for, but if it doesn't materialize I can print 3D ones at need.
Yah, this is actually a pretty big complaint of mine. Using cavern water for water features in towns leaves VERY easy to see and problematic cracks if you fill more than about 4" in length.

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:50 am

4x4 water tiles would a be cool - but maybe rendered unnecessary by terrain trays.