Does Kickstarter Allow Repeats?

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Does Kickstarter Allow Repeats?

Post by jackattack » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:39 pm

Thanks for the responses. Now I can forge ahead with unsolicited suggestions that can be judged on merit (or lack thereof) and not disqualified on technicalities. :)
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:25 pm

I think it's allowed. I don't see why not -- there are often projects to reprint books.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:28 am

I have seen campaigns offer every single product from the previous KS as addons before. I have also seen KS that were to reprint something or re-release something, so I'm not sure those even contained anything new.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:20 am

This Ks might still offer KSIII Crenellations in the PM. I know it was mentioned before. but we shall see in a couple weeks.

A MP3 KS series I did consistently offered old tracks to new backers.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:16 am

I've seen plenty of Kickstarters that offer older items as add-ons or bundled with the new stuff. Particularly in the board game market.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Does Kickstarter Allow Repeats?

Post by jackattack » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:56 pm

General question about Kickstarter's rules about new campaigns and what can be offered in them.

If, in a future KS, DF offered a new expansion to a line they introduced in a previous KS, would the new expansion have to be 100% new pieces, or could it include pieces from the previous/introductory KS?

For example, I'm theorizing an expansion for Water Caverns with new straight and curved banks, but the outside curve (the one that is stone in one corner) would be the same piece. To appeal to new backers as well as return backers, the new expansion needs to stand alone -- it might work better with Water Caverns (I), but it shouldn't require Water Caverns (I).

Would Kickstarter allow that? Is there an acceptable new/old ratio, or is it all new no old?
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch