Map Maker upgrade still planned for September?

Philomorph
Kobold
Kobold

Re:Map Maker upgrade still planned for September?

Post by Philomorph » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:26 pm

monkplayer wrote:

Can you help my confusion as I've been looking forward to using this program on my resin sets?

I'm just making an educated guess, but I think they meant they would program in the *ability* to add tiles from other sets. The original version seemed a bit thrown together and adding new tiles probably required some re-coding each time. If the new version has hooks in it to make adding new sets much easier then they can do it as time and manpower permit.

If this is the case, I'll agree that the wording was confusing, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until we hear more.

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by monkplayer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:20 pm

That sounds like a good idea; have the map update set up will all DF sets by the next KS. That would prompt some interest in the KS. I personally believe though that the cavern KS will easily exceed their first KS. I would not be surprised by a KS reaching 2.5 mill.
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:03 pm

While I don't know him personally, Jeff strikes me as savvy guy. The potential of the map maker as a sales tool and purchase incentive is pretty high up there. I expect that they will continue to improve and expand the program over time. While it is a shame they couldn't get the older sets in yet, I expect that will be a priority soon.

I figure the next KS will first get the pieces made for it loaded with the aforementioned included as a stretch goal or stretch goal component. I'm just excited that they decided to take the plunge on making it in the first place, talk about icing on our cake!

GoldenAxe
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GoldenAxe » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:36 pm

Disappointing news. I was looking forward to all the past sets being included. Please make it a Priority in the next kickstarter and ear mark funds to make it happen. Please make it happen. Long Live the Forge!

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 pm

It was a goal, not a contract.

I'm sure they'll expand the program when they are able.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by monkplayer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:13 pm

admin wrote:

We are now at work on the program, and it should be ready for fun by the end of the month. We are still playing around with some features, but I can tell you that it won't include any of the old resin sets. There is just not enough time and funding to add them at this point. Perhaps a future expansion can add them.

I thought that a main focus of the upgrade was adding on tiles from other sets? Here is your statement from the KS,"UNLOCKED! $1,500,000 = At $1,500,000, we will commission an upgrade to our online Map Maker tool. Scheduled release: September, 2013, with enhanced features including the ability to “save” multiple maps to your DF Forum account, and add tiles from other Dwarven Forge sets."

Can you help my confusion as I've been looking forward to using this program on my resin sets?
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

antibonk
Kobold
Kobold

Post by antibonk » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:11 am

That is awesome news. Can't wait to start planning out my dungeons!

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 pm

We are now at work on the program, and it should be ready for fun by the end of the month. We are still playing around with some features, but I can tell you that it won't include any of the old resin sets. There is just not enough time and funding to add them at this point. Perhaps a future expansion can add them.

shoesan1
Orc
Orc

Post by shoesan1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Yes, I am also very interested in the status of the Map Maker upgrade. What features have been decided on? When will it be available? I know you guys are swamped with Tiles right now, but Map Maker is a huge plus!
Shoe

Himajin
Orc
Orc

Post by Himajin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 pm

It'd also be good to know whether the upgrade will break all the URL links for the original version. If it will, I want to be able to print out all my favorites for reference before the changeover.