Game Tiles - Kick Starter and Shipping to Europe

Thod
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re:Game Tiles - Kick Starter and Shipping to Europe

Post by Thod » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:11 am

Dave
I'm looking into options. No promises - but believe me I'm listening and try to find an option that works for DF, me and my European customers.
I will be slow responding from now as I'm on the way to the airport fr holiday with the family.

David Wasilewski
Orc
Orc

Post by David Wasilewski » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 pm

I agree too. I'm a hard core DF fan with well over 60 sets. I bought 4 of the recently released Catacombs sets. I want to back this just because DF are doing it but I'm not convinced by this deal if you live in Europe?

Buying more basic sets at the above final prices after p+p and shipping makes it not much cheaper than buying the traditional polystone sets?

If tehre was a cheaper shipping option, (happy to wait longer) my group would probably buy at least 5 more painted sets. I'm sure that would apply to a lot of other European customers too.

Dave

Silvenger
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Silvenger » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:33 pm

That's the point, I agree with dandare.
I would like to pledge, but I make numbers and with the shipping+the customs the price rises too much.

What I mean is... If I pledge for 5 set expertly painted I'd pay $380+ $200 shipping. That's $580. If we add the customs, which have no fixed costs, let's add $150. And you can bet that the customs are to be paid since we are talking about huge and heavy boxes. The sum of all costs are $730, and that's a pledge for 10 sets expertly painted!! I want to give my money to Dwarven Forge, not the other guys!

Well, there's more than a month to end the Kickstarter. If you make an arrangement between USA and EU and things goes easier for us to pledge, I'm sure you will have a lot of european customer pledging.

Pokorny is the man.
Knight of Valoria.

Thod
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Thod » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:45 pm

dandare

just to dot it that you know I have read it.

I don't have an answer yet - and likely won't have before I go on holiday.

dandare
Ogre
Ogre

Game Tiles - Kick Starter and Shipping to Europe

Post by dandare » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:24 pm

I am certain I am not the only European who has pledged an amount that has been 'limited' by the shipping costs.

For me I have pledged: $335.00.
But that is only $235.00 + $100 Shipping for outside the US.

Q. As we now enjoy a fantastic European DF stockist. Could some arrangement be made for us buyers in Europe where the sets are shipped en-mass to Europe and then final split shipments to backers from there ??

If something could be arranged I would be pledging more.
My issue is that the next pledge point doubles the p&p to $200 (Yikes!)
I am happy to pledge more. But I want it to go to this Kick Starter and not just to Shipping.

...I am also choosing to ignore the fact that I will have to pay import duty taxes if this is shipped to me from the US.