Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 pm
Missed this one too :(

UK here - Welshman living in England.

Not got any DF resin sets, just CBS and Castles which I love :D
OK, I get it.

<Welshman> call name <Rabbit Burner>

ar ar.....

TLW
err.........I have no idea what your on about.... there is no connection...... none at all.
Cheese on Toast anyone ?
I am the Game and I want to Play

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Census of the European customers

Post by GODofwar » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 pm

OK, I get it.

<Welshman> call name <Rabbit Burner>

ar ar.....

TLW
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 pm

I am the Game and I want to Play

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:16 pm

[quote=arsthein post_id=115491 time=1497684257 user_id=229]
Hi GoW, well, ironically, I've spent more money the less interested I was in the main topic of a kickstarter, the least in dungeons, then caverns, then cities, then castles. How logic is that? ok, the dollar getting higher and the euro lower has something to do, and the shipping costs going up too.

But yes, I've spent more in sewers, battlements and minis from KS3 than I spent in caverns, without taking any city pieces, and even more in Castle add ons than in KS3, ok, I took ramparts and a long walls add-on, and then some roofs, platforms, and some more.

Crazy...
[/quote]

Based on the early feeding frenzy, KS5 will be the worst yet.

TLW
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, especially this one.
WeaselWarGod

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:24 am

Hi GoW, well, ironically, I've spent more money the less interested I was in the main topic of a kickstarter, the least in dungeons, then caverns, then cities, then castles. How logic is that? ok, the dollar getting higher and the euro lower has something to do, and the shipping costs going up too.

But yes, I've spent more in sewers, battlements and minis from KS3 than I spent in caverns, without taking any city pieces, and even more in Castle add ons than in KS3, ok, I took ramparts and a long walls add-on, and then some roofs, platforms, and some more.

Crazy...

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:59 pm

arsthein wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:27 am
Wow, I can't believe I missed this...

Hi, another dude from Spain, been collecting this stuff since... 2004 I think? love resin, but dwarvenite is very affordable (so may be we can lure more people in) and ridiculously durable so it's even easier to store.

Hope resin stuff keeps coming from time to time with exceptional sets like Catacombs, but dwarvenite is ok for most stuff (may be I say that because most of my stuff is already resin, so it could be possible I'm being kind of hypocritical here... sorry, it's unintentional).

Not very fond of the dwarvenite dungeon pieces when you put them beside resin (but love caverns and all it's variety). Anyway, thanks to KS1 I have a lot of extra stuff for big setups when I don't have enough resin dungeon sets (and it's neat to have new accesories like demon doors), and the stuff is great for carrying it arround for casual gaming in weekend escapades to country houses.

In KS3 I only took sewers, battlements and sidewalks to use in dungeon environments (and a ton of minis) but even so I spent much more than in KS1 and almost the same that in KS2 (which almost ruins me).

I'm trying to keep my expectations on check for KS4, as I know I will probably won't take castle stuff, but I expect to be interested in a gazillion add-ons. And I'm always happy to be able to fantasize about buying some castles and/or CBS... and is nice to have that stuff available on the store in case I lost my mind... or get a new house... but mostly in case I win the lottery...
Aarsthein, reviewing DwF EU for the first time. I didn't know you mostly stayed out of KSIII. Surprised me. I rather though you would be big on cities, for some reason.

I agree resin dungeon are much nicer..but the KSI stuff has a gritty, 'poverty-stricken' esthetic I have a sneaking like for. I have enough resin to do a decent medium dungeon. But now I use resin for the 'finer' parts of a dungeon complex; when players see the KSI they usually know they are getting into wilder terrain...and the sewers are a great layer above all the dungeons; so all this stuff has a place.

We have a scene running now on my 5x10 (foot, 1.7 x 3m, roughly) fly table that is four levels deep, but its not a trad dungeon leading down through sewers to dungeon to caverns...the top is a ruined castle (KSIII castle, mine aren't here yet - told DF Suzy she could ship me last) with a layer of previous dungeon adventurers' building next, then the rich and very nice bottom - done in ROTA. Keeps the players on their toes!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

MrVergee

Post by MrVergee » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:53 pm

Another Dwarven Forge fan from Belgium.

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:18 am