Epix Haven

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Epix Haven

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 15, 2018 9:43 am

Oldent wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am
I think the Epix Haven style blends better with Miniature Building Authority than CBS.
I think your probably right - we just don't have any MBA - until the Shanty KS comes through but that is not really applicable ;)
Oldent wrote:
My main point in all of this is resin will hold up with reasonable care.
Totally agree :)
and if we are honest the odd chip just adds character especially with a touch of paint.
Oldent wrote:
It was a beautiful presentation. He did not have enough zombies for a long game. I would have loved to have played.
Don't you hate that!?
When you make as fabulous a build as that and then run out of zombies!

Oldent wrote:
Link to Steve Smith's video
https://www.facebook.com/steven.smith.7 ... ater&ifg=1
Sadly the video would not appear for us :(

Fabulous build though, MBA do make some nice carrots.
I am the Game and I want to Play

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am

I think the Epix Haven style blends better with Miniature Building Authority than CBS.

I saw this product for the first time in person at CMON Expo over the weekend in Atlanta. The Gentleman packed it up and drove down from D.C. The product is resin with detailed interiors removable sections and roofs.

I was not able to get into agame it was filled up during pre registration. I have involved myself in this kind of logistical nightmare too many times to do it with MBA.

My main point in all of this is resin will hold up with reasonable care.

It was a beautiful presentation. He did not have enough zombies for a long game. I would have loved to have played.

Link to Steve Smith's video
https://www.facebook.com/steven.smith.7 ... ater&ifg=1
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon May 14, 2018 7:14 am

Ok so did some quick pictures of a two story CBS and roof with a Epix Haven tudor house

As you can see the Epix Haven house is much bigger compared to the CBS - though you could obviously build a bigger CBS house.

One last photo to show just how big the roof is.

And given their size they are heavy if moving as a whole (Ground, first floor and roof).
As pointed out they are resin, but so far had no problem with any chipping, maybe our furry paws are more gentle on resin and we are careful using them and try hard not to bash them against each other.
But dwarvenite they are not so some chipping through use is to be expected.

Overall very happy with them and now that our games room has been rearranged and the gaming table cleared, looking at integrating our Epix Haven Castle and houses with DF CBS and Castles :)
But don't hold your breath, got lots of other room in the warren that apparently require 'rearranging'.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sat May 12, 2018 12:18 am

oddbender wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:17 pm
I also got this most excellent Tudor House. And while I agree with our lagomorph friend that it's gorgeous; it's still resin. Within minutes of opening it had chips in the black paint on the roof from it slipping as I put in on top of the house. So just a word of warning, be very gentle with this piece, Dwarvenite it is not.
This is my main issue. People think I am exaggerating, but my daughter really is abnormally strong for her age. When we took her in for an occupational therapy session they asked her to bring over the smallest weights, she brought both at once. She then proceeded to bring both at once going up one size at a time until the wide eyed therapist confessed she would need help putting the last two back since she can't get them on her own. She is usually very careful, which is good, so she doesn't harm other kids her age. But she gets too excited with minis sometimes. This ends badly with resin. Sometimes with pewter even. Hell, the kid accidentally tore one piece of Dwarvenite. I still let her play with Dwarvenite, the tear seems to be a one off (trying to take apart a house she built with city builder, now she asks me to help). I do buy some resin stuff, but I am reluctant to spend on buildings unless they are truly exceptional. I have limited storage space that will remain out of her reach until she can better control herself with my toys.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Fri May 11, 2018 10:13 pm

Hrrmph. If I were in the UK or Germany I’d definitely pick up the wall and gatehouse castle bits. Too bad they won’t ship those to the US.

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Fri May 11, 2018 3:17 pm

I also got this most excellent Tudor House. And while I agree with our lagomorph friend that it's gorgeous; it's still resin. Within minutes of opening it had chips in the black paint on the roof from it slipping as I put in on top of the house. So just a word of warning, be very gentle with this piece, Dwarvenite it is not.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri May 11, 2018 4:24 am

William wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm
Those servants really polished that floor, still have not ordered any yet.
Could you take a shot next to some DF City Builder structures? For sizing.
Thanks for posting. :)
Not forgotten abot this :)

Just in the process of re-arranging the Games room to make room for some DoD so cant quite get the picture.
Got out a two story CBS building - just cant reach the Epix Haven house at the moment!

Will have a picture for you over the weekend :)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Those servants really polished that floor, still have not ordered any yet.
Could you take a shot next to some DF City Builder structures? For sizing.
Thanks for posting. :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Got our two new Epix Haven Tudor houses last week and rabbit are they gorgeous and big!

Front Aspect

Side Aspect

First floor

Ground Floor

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Thank you very much Unclebilly, really useful info!