A big thanks to DF and it's forum members!

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: A big thanks to DF and it's forum members!

Post by GODofwar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:04 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:43 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:11 am

Lets get one thing straight we offered no help, whatsoever to jgt4242 - (knowingly at least).

Our area of self expertise is castles not dungeons or caverns so in general have not attempted to post advice where we concede that the expert opinion is the province of the DF oldtimers and the dedicated RPGers.

But one piece of advice these Bunnies do have, 'ask yourself have you ever seen, anywhere in history and literature, a trustworthy Weasel?'

#justsayin

In other news ..... jgt4242 glad your having a positive experience in the forums and enjoying your DF addiction ....... got any pictures of any builds?
You are falling into the common error of confusing the noble Least Weasel (Mustela Rixosa) with the common and odius MINK.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
Not read Wind in the Willows? or was that anti Mustela Rixosa propaganda purported by the English asristocracy ?
Yes.

WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:04 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:43 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
GODofwar wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:53 pm
Lets get one thing straight we offered no help, whatsoever to jgt4242 - (knowingly at least).

Our area of self expertise is castles not dungeons or caverns so in general have not attempted to post advice where we concede that the expert opinion is the province of the DF oldtimers and the dedicated RPGers.

But one piece of advice these Bunnies do have, 'ask yourself have you ever seen, anywhere in history and literature, a trustworthy Weasel?'

#justsayin

In other news ..... jgt4242 glad your having a positive experience in the forums and enjoying your DF addiction ....... got any pictures of any builds?
You are falling into the common error of confusing the noble Least Weasel (Mustela Rixosa) with the common and odius MINK.

Not read Wind in the Willows? or was that anti Mustela Rixosa propaganda purported by the English asristocracy ?
I am the Game and I want to Play

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
GODofwar wrote:
GODofwar wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:52 pm
I'm always glad to hear the Forum has helped a new comer Trog.
Thus may it ever be.

One thought: Avoid advice from Brabbits. Thats British Rabbits. Rabid British Rabbits. Be suspicious of them. They bites small but there is many of 'em in that warren.

#justsayin

WeaselWarGod

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:21 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
I can only apologise - you have indeed posted pictures of your builds, liking them very much too :D
Lol well this link lead to a topic where I post many pics. I also post a lot on some Facebook pages, my own personnal D&D group page included.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8180

Here's a link to my Facebook group if you're interested, but please note that it is in french (I'm french canadian) :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5670213 ... =bookmarks

As for help a lot of people on the forum actually helped me. I had lot of questions during last year about various topics and always got an answer.

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:21 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
I can only apologise - you have indeed posted pictures of your builds, liking them very much too :D

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:11 am

GODofwar wrote:
GODofwar wrote:
Thus may it ever be.

One thought: Avoid advice from Brabbits. Thats British Rabbits. Rabid British Rabbits. Be suspicious of them. They bites small but there is many of 'em in that warren.

#justsayin

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 pm

This is about like teaching a friend to smoke or drink, just harmless fun until the DTs kick in.....
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:53 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Thus may it ever be.

WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:52 pm

WeaselWarGod

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

A big thanks to DF and it's forum members!

Post by jgt4242 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 am

Hi everybody.

I'm writing this only to thanks everyone at Dwarven Forge and every forum members who helped me with my many questions since I started to buy Dwarven Forge sets around august 2016.

Since then I bought for around 5600$ US (7200$ CAD) of Dwarven Forge and my to-buy list of every backlog set I wanted is almost complete. I started to buy DF sets and minis at the same time and even if it was really costly it was really worth it...especially for the DF sets!

I had so many questions along the road, but all those were answered with passion by the forum's members, Suzy and now Jesse too...and even Stefan some times on Facebook!

With my backlog buying list almost complete I will soon be able to wait each year for the new kickstarter and get in. Maybe I won't be able in 2018 since I'll get for around 1000$ of Dungeon of Doom sets along with completing my list, but count me in for 2019's kickstarter for sure!

Again, big, big thanks everybody!