Upcoming Zealot Miniatures Twisting Catacombs KS

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Upcoming Zealot Miniatures Twisting Catacombs KS

Post by JenneyOC » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:56 am

I am just starting out with game-tiles. I don't own any resin except for Elye's KS which is phenomenal. Mostly my munchkin plays with his 'castles' and at least for now, I am not so much worried with being historically accurate. We can nitpick a lot of things, (I won't even begin to start pointing out all the horrid inaccuracies of every single Egyptian setting/ piece that I have seen molded or sold. But then again, I lived in Egypt for a year during my undergrad specializing in Egyptology and I used to be able to read hieroglyphs. that alone has me needing to paint my own reliefs as nothing says anything at all, just lots of gibberish.) anyhow, at this point, I can appreciate the sculpts as cool toys that my son will have a blast with. and if he gets into RPGs later, then we can work out what pieces he really doesn't like and get new ones.

but on the other hand, I agree, if you don't like specific sculpts, stay away from them. they have enough, that there has to be something that you like?

I don't know. I guess I just don't take a lot of things so seriously anymore. all I want to do is make my little one happy, during a very unhappy year for us.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:55 am

Lots of neat stuff, but some thematic and conceptual misses as well.

A round table with Celtic knot work on the table, surrounded by fleur-de-lis on the floor?

The very modern ore cart with bumpers on both front and back, and the smooth metal tracks with evenly cut ties. I wish people would stop basing medieval mine cart designs on Temple of Doom.

"Ye Olde Inn" sign would be a lot more appealing if it didn't say "ye olde inn". Would a medieval fantasy inn be "olde", or would it be "newe"? I might be interested in half a dozen blank signs to swap out for different inns, or even different businesses, but I can't see anyone needing more than one sign with a specific name already carved into it.

The bear traps on the square stone floor bases. It's a great render, with a nice thick chain and the terrific detail of the spike at the end of the chain, but why limit it with a stone floor base? It looks solid enough to stand alone, which would allow it to work with any company's indoor or outdoor terrain.

Maybe picking nits, but if I back the KS, these are pieces I won't buy for those reasons.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Steven Carroll
Orc
Orc

Post by Steven Carroll » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:11 am

Bookcase is up and looks absolutely fantastic! NOT your standard Bookcase!

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:01 am

I told myself I wouldn't pledge until the Bookcase was shown, but they are driving my wallet crazy, it's shaking in the corner under my bed. I'm having a hard time crossing things off my list, I'm still over 300$ in want's, but can't justify any of it to my wife. If Eddie updated the picture today I will have to jump in before morning.

One gripe on the rail car and track. I want a rolling cart or two types and the corner would not work, it's way too tight. The wheels would bind at every turn, they need to sweep at a 30 or 45 degree bend and another needed piece woould be a 'Y' that needs a corresponding angle to the bend angle. There was a KS running awhile back that had the tracks on 2x2 tiles and he turned it in one tile. I'm still waiting for a train guy to school our gaming people in workable turns and slopes. I don't need it to really work, but it should look like it would.
I'm done with gripe. I also wish there was a pledge level without any stairs traps walls and doors of any kind, Maybe the specialty doors, but I could add those anyway.

Convince Eddie to staighten it out a bit and get the bookcase finished with width, lenght and height dimmensions shown too.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jasdotcom
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jasdotcom » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:13 am

I hadn't planned on spending any money this month until this appeared on my radar. I can't wait to back this!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:48 am

Hope this gets approved and up for viewing soon.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

superjman
Goblin
Goblin

Upcoming Zealot Miniatures Twisting Catacombs KS

Post by superjman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:52 am

If you haven't already, check out the Zealot Miniatures upcoming dungeon decor KS project! Perfect time to accessorize your dungeon game tile layouts.

http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk/twist ... acombs.php