Upcoming Zealot Miniatures Twisting Catacombs KS

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Oldmanwillow
Orc
Orc

Re:Upcoming Zealot Miniatures Twisting Catacombs KS

Post by Oldmanwillow » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:26 pm

I recall that The Miniature Building Authority has some blank Signs. I have a special addition Gen Con sign that came with another INN. But I agree I want The Prancing Pony sign on mine.;)

I am not sure what to do with all of the open doors.

JenneyOC "anytime on the Egyptian topic...

most people's ideas are the romanticized ideas of ancient Egypt. very similar to the middle-age/dark-age settings.

If I ever do that theme, I would need to do it completely myself as even the brick sizes and place in the Hirst molds or Game Tiles don't work w Egypt."

?????? a famous quote from Lost, What? Ancient Alien theorist do not agree.

http://www.hirstarts.com/egypt/etower.html or http://www.hirstarts.com/egypt/tentrance.html

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:52 pm

I wonder, if you could take a sign like that, and with paint crudely cross it out and add your own tavern's pic... like someone found or stole the wood and re-purposed it for themselves... might be hilarious... especially if it became or was part of your game's backstory.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:40 pm

I picked that up while looking for iron trap specifics, but it doesn't change my thinking on the issue. It might be satisfying for their forum-goers, but for me it's somebody else's name on my inn.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:34 pm

anytime on the Egyptian topic...

most people's ideas are the romanticized ideas of ancient Egypt. very similar to the middle-age/dark-age settings.

If I ever do that theme, I would need to do it completely myself as even the brick sizes and place in the Hirst molds or Game Tiles don't work w Egypt.

Steven Carroll
Orc
Orc

Post by Steven Carroll » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:25 pm

About the "Ye Olde Inn" sign.

It says that because that is the Forum name that this Kickstarter is really geared towards. The Heroquest forums.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Thank you! That response is very clear -- the traps are separate from the tiles. After some serious home maintenance expenses, I can't justify spending on things that are "good enough".

"Command-F" completely failed on several keywords.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:07 pm

JenneyOC wrote:

I am just starting out with game-tiles. I don't own any resin except for Elye's KS which is phenomenal. Mostly my munchkin plays with his 'castles' and at least for now, I am not so much worried with being historically accurate. We can nitpick a lot of things, (I won't even begin to start pointing out all the horrid inaccuracies of every single Egyptian setting/ piece that I have seen molded or sold. But then again, I lived in Egypt for a year during my undergrad specializing in Egyptology and I used to be able to read hieroglyphs. that alone has me needing to paint my own reliefs as nothing says anything at all, just lots of gibberish.) anyhow, at this point, I can appreciate the sculpts as cool toys that my son will have a blast with. and if he gets into RPGs later, then we can work out what pieces he really doesn't like and get new ones.

but on the other hand, I agree, if you don't like specific sculpts, stay away from them. they have enough, that there has to be something that you like?

I don't know. I guess I just don't take a lot of things so seriously anymore. all I want to do is make my little one happy, during a very unhappy year for us.

Jenny, I would definitely like to discuss the Egyptian topic more... maybe I'll start another thread.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:47 pm

I dug through just Zealot's comments (there are only 231 of them right now) and found this gem.

@Adam: Thanks mate! :D The bear traps will be separate from the bases for ease of casting and flexibility - so you can stick them on other tiles if you want :) Regular doors you get 6% more resin for your GOLD too ;) lol Thanks Marco, will definitely be sorting the Slim Variations of all doors at this scale now :) Post from Mictlan in the updates, he has another better riddle, since mine was so quickly solved! Mictlan: Riddle this, riddle that...I come and go without anyone stopping me; no light stand before me, but without me no fire shall light. Of dust, of water I can cloak, but even without one I shall remain without form.

Oct 10 2014 on Twisting Catacombs . Miniature Dungeon Scenery.

It doesn't have an actual time stamp on it, but it is the only place that i can remember hearing it.

would you like me to ask a straight up question about it for you? i would be more than happy to do so.

Jenney

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:16 pm

JenneyOC wrote:

oh and i believe they said that the bear traps come separate from the tile.

I've been through the KS main page, updates, and comments -- where did they say that? Cos if they did, I have another reason to back their KS.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:57 am

oh and i believe they said that the bear traps come separate from the tile.

I have several from Darkmyre so I don't need more bear traps, personally.