Even More Competition On the Way

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Re: Even More Competition On the Way

Post by jonmilton » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Just got word, it launches at 1pm EST on the 26th.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:47 pm

jonmilton wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 am
Yeah, not the best video editing. I am concluding the repeats indicate multiple copies of the same piece, which starts at 67 pieces for $60. A little higher than I would have guessed, but maybe they will have a very aggressive stretch goal map. They are supposed to launch this month so all the details will be available any day now.
Ya, assumed that multiples images meant multiple of the same item, but so many of the items shown are tiny. I wish they would stay away from the tiny stuff. I would rather have a pile of bones rather than a tiny skull. Also they should stay away from animals and monsters and keep the focus on "terrain". Also what is the point of 4 prices of mine track? I hope the stretch goals are not for more duplicates. Like, 100k stretch goal is two more pieces of mine track. I don't even need any mine tracks.

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Post by jonmilton » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 am

Yeah, not the best video editing. I am concluding the repeats indicate multiple copies of the same piece, which starts at 67 pieces for $60. A little higher than I would have guessed, but maybe they will have a very aggressive stretch goal map. They are supposed to launch this month so all the details will be available any day now.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 am

The video made buying in much more iffy for me, not the best result.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:31 pm

After watching the video from the link above I am a little confused. So even in the first set of images, there were repeats and then following "and we're not done" everything was a repeat. I am assuming most of these pieces are tiny like the skull, so ya I can believe you get all that for $60 and I am assuming shipping is extra. Why is there one badger let alone two? Not what I think of as "terrain". The problem is that there are maybe 10 to 15 things I might want and some of the things I don't want you get multiples of. I am sure by the time all the stretch goals are done this will be a fantastic deal, but if all you get for $60 is what was shown it will be an easy pass for me.

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Post by jonmilton » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:05 pm

There's another teaser trailer showcasing their dungeon theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lApERw5 ... e=youtu.be

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:10 pm

I'm fine with these if the colors chosen make sense for each piece. Decor that requires only detail work is easier to fit into what little time I have handy these days. I will be keeping an eye on this one. I am a big fan of decor. Zealot is one of my favorites so far, but I am always on the look out for decent variety.

If you are okay with hydrostone, John Hecker makes Hirst mold casts that have empty shelves with rows you can place on them. Some of his stuff is painted and some is plain. You might also be able to find someone that is selling similar resin casts on eBay as well.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:18 am

Zealot Miniatures did this with their bookshelves.
106 Resin and 138 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned (After KS4 is delivered)

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:32 am

I would prefer them not to sculpt the potion bottles and books into the book cases and desks but I also personally do not want individual bottles and books.

What I would love for them to do is do plain book cases and plain desks and then do books, bottles, scrolls and ect. on thin flat slabs.

Why you might ask?  If they do them on thin flat slabs a person can just put them in the shelves or cut them off the slabs for individual items or cut the slabs up into two or three pieces and rearrange them to make book cases look varied.  One plain book case sculpt with four or five different slabs could make nearly a hundred different looking book cases.  One plain desk with a few slabs/runners(table cloth) could get you about ten different desks.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:46 pm

jonmilton wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 am
Here's another teaser video that came out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXo-jnQ ... e=youtu.be
Thanks for the video link. I think with stuff will be a ton of fun mixed with Dwarven Forge.