Meanders 2: Brave New Worlds (400+ New Terrains)

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
sorcerersapprentice
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Meanders 2: Brave New Worlds (400+ New Terrains)

Post by sorcerersapprentice » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:44 pm

It's happening. More than 100 New Sci-fi designs are being added to the Meanders range of synchable terrain thanks to my wonderful backers - and - its not over yet. Now in the last 72 hours of the campaign there are still loads of exciting goals left to hit suitable for #StarWars #BladeRunner #Alien #Starjammer #Starfinder #WH40k #Tyranids #StarTrek #Pathfinder #RPG . Truly this is going to be an exceptional digital sci-fi map set!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ga ... d-terrains

#Kickstarter #Tabletop #Digitalmap #Meanders #GTW #Scifi

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold
Kobold

Meanders2 Wave2: Sci-fi Digital Maps

Post by sorcerersapprentice » Thu May 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Meanders2 Wave2 Digital Sci-fi Terrain drops in 2 days time on the 21st May.
A preview is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ga ... n=6e1623e4
This will be the biggest sci-fi map project ever attempted and potentially over 145 giant new maps for Scifi RPG. You can get Vector Packs, Commercial Licenses, and much more. You can also have your name or even company logo put into my Meanders as a bonus just by backing early. There are downloadable banners on the preview that you can take to share the project around on groups and sites. Thanks for reading, hope to see you there. Cheers :)

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold
Kobold

Post by sorcerersapprentice » Wed May 10, 2017 10:11 am

Hi guys - well Wave One (Fantasy RPG) of Meanders 2 is almost all wrapped up now with 95% of rewards delivered and just some PDF conversions (underway) and some special conan grids to go. Over 100+ new designs were created this time around and I hope you enjoyed the campaign and liked the maps produced and will consider backing me again in future projects.

As I go forward I hope to continually improve my skills, learn more about how to achieve different effects and hone my art and will be seeking funding for new computer upgrade to make even bigger, better maps and eventually break into the 3d side of things as well. Before I take Meanders to the public via my website Game Tile Warehouse, I wanted to have some backers spend time with the designs to get feedback on quality, design and utility. I'm now trialling a new format that will see a change to the standard size of a Meander (8175x5475 - which originally accounted for a design meant for physically printing onto gameboards - and extra bleed) to a more robust and precise 8100x5400 with the grid taken all the way to the edge. From this standard hi-res format to be in JEPG, there will be two more JEPG formats especially for VTT.

The 2nd format will be sized at 2700x1800 and suit 100 pixels per grid, and the 3rd format will be sized at 1350x900 and suit 50 pixels per grid. The new standardization in size should neatly enable scaling the maps down for more convenient use, as well as be easier to handle with the reduced file size. Less uploading and storage requirements means I can make more of them, and also offer them as instant digital downloads from my website in the coming month.

The files are currently in the hands of two users here, and a backer who had a long discussion with me put me onto the changes, Phergus. So with luck, the files prove to be a better all-round format and I can take them to market very soon - with new maps added to the collection on a semi-regular basis. I'll also be adding a new code instead of the existing file names that will quickly identify which meanders series it is, and make it easy to find what you are looking for even when there are a thousand.

My Sci-fi Meanders 2 Kickstarter is also just around the corner and will offer 75+ new maps in a huge range of sci-fi themes - I hope to launch it around Mid-May or the 21st at the latest.

Thank you everyone that backed me, I will let you know how the trials go, and keep you updated on the next wave.

Kind Regards,
Kris

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Meanders 2: Wave 1 60% complete

Post by sorcerersapprentice » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:13 am

As some of you know, the original Meanders campaign was gigantic, but had to be broken down into much smaller sets - and believe it or not, the giant set of fantasy maps being completed was just one of approximately 5 sets which will include Sci-fi, Zombie, Urban/Post-Apocalyptic, Military and Superhero. The next wave will be Sci-fi...and if all stays on target, should be launching mid or near end of April.

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Meanders 2: New Terrain for RPG

Post by sorcerersapprentice » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:21 am

Meanders 2 Fantasy Terrain Campaign: is ending soon on Kickstarter. Core Jungle/Forest/Snow/Desert Maps with Roads and Rivers. Get 124 giant interchangeable RPG maps and a dozen themes for $25. Vector and map pack for $45. Supercore Set with maps, vectors and 32 extra maps for $75. 1200% funded, nearing a new Stretch Goal. Hi-Res PDF/PNG and Low-Res for Roll20/Fantasygrounds and other VTT. Just 32 hours to go. 4 new maps for every $500 over 5k.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ga ... ps-for-rpg

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold
Kobold

Post by sorcerersapprentice » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Almost 900% funded, free maps sets of 4 Mountains, 4 Treetops, 4 Temples/Ruins now unlocked - more Stretch Goals added. 3 days to go. Dozens of new art samples added to updates. $3 World Meander Map option available. Commercial Licenses sold out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ga ... ps-for-rpg

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold
Kobold

Post by sorcerersapprentice » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:48 pm

At the end of the day it always comes down to personal preference.

Some programs that allow you to switch smaller tiles around suit some people, larger tiles that still give you creative options over layout suit others. There are things you can do with larger tiles you cannot do with smaller ones - and vice versa. Some might choose one art style over another, price-point (100+ maps for $25 ain't bad), ongoing evolution (are they making more?), diversity, or even just don't have time to make their own on software programs and need a way to cover the table in seconds. I offer the vectors to make your own maps - and have 1 of 10 commercial licenses left on offer to make and sell your own maps using the vectors/templates I provide.

But the choice is entirely your discretion, however you think of them.

Kind Regards,
Kris

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:58 am
So this is a bunch of digital images that you print up yourself?
Yup, but a lot of people in the VTT (Virtual Table Top) arena build their own 2D flat maps with various assets they've bought or found online (ex. the Dundjinni forums).
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

I am hoping to use them in the MapForge program which is currently in its final days on KS.

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold
Kobold

Post by sorcerersapprentice » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:35 am

It is. Primarily usable for VTT such as Roll20/Fantasy Grounds but also easy to laminate and create physical maps by taking them to a printers or POD poster/gameboard company.