The Caterpillar P-5000 Powered Work Loader

MyLordVoid
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by MyLordVoid » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:12 pm

That is pretty much spot on.

The question is scale? I have never heard of that model or company before. Any other info available?

maj!

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:41 pm

You may want to use the Power Loader from REVIRESCO: http://www.tin-soldier.com/cgi-bin/usto ... pid=HWV-24

Lost Pict
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:46 am

IO,

I see what you were thinking now...very kool, as usual...loved that scene from Aliens, YYYaaaaa!!!

MyLordVoid
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by MyLordVoid » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:44 pm

Bumping this post as T&T had blocked the link... Now there is a picture of what I was talking about...

maj!

MyLordVoid
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by MyLordVoid » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:07 pm

It occurs to me, that someone who was talented and dedicated, might combine some of the elements from the WK Mage Knight "Steam Tinker" mini:

with those of the Mechs. shown above to come up with some neat stuff. The "Steam Tinker" is a dwarf, in a decidedly Steam-punk influenced carriage, BUT, with a little tweaking, he could be made to appear larger by cutting off the toes of his boots. This would give the illusion of legs going down into the feet of the Mech.

Just a thought, and one I intend to attempt myself (Someday). I purchased a couple of the "Rookie" ranked version specifically for that purpose, and because they are VERY cheap.

maj!

EDIT: Took out link that T&T did not like...Replaced with PB image...

invincibleoverlord
Orc
Orc

Post by invincibleoverlord » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:52 pm

Ghenghis Ska wrote:

Yeah this is one of the reasons i like the Mechwarrior stuff from WK, you can customize a number of them into droids liek this, i have done it with about 5-6 different ones as well.

Cool, I’d like to see what you’ve come up with. Post some pics and I’ll change the title of this thread to “Converting Mechwarriors for use with 25-28mm”.

Also anyone else is welcome to do so as well.

Stefan wrote:

IO- Very Kool...No room for their bodies...but then again, perhaps these workers have also been "modified"....after all, who needs such mushy bodies when one can have steel!!! How bout inserting just a pink little brain inside? It would remind me of the latest Dune series, Machine Crusades, or Butlerian Jihad, forget which ones...

Yes, the conversions here are not exactly the P-5000. The photo below from Aliens shows more of an exposed body. I’d like to think these coverted suits completely encapsulate the body with life-support for working in hostile environments.

The “little pink brains” idea would be a riot! Easily one could whip up a few brains sculpting them from Green Stuff or the like. A squad of six or so with heavy armament would be cool.

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:59 pm

IO- Very Kool...No room for their bodies...but then again, perhaps these workers have also been "modified"....after all, who needs such mushy bodies when one can have steel!!! How bout inserting just a pink little brain inside? It would remind me of the latest Dune series, Machine Crusades, or Butlerian Jihad, forget which ones...

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:00 am

Yeah this is one of the reasons i like the Mechwarrior stuff from WK, you can customize a number of them into droids liek this, i have done it with about 5-6 different ones as well.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:53 pm

In scale...and very, very, very uncomfortable.

"Join the Cargo Crew...see the Universe... @#$@ pamphlet!"

Nice idea, though -- wish I hadn't sold off all my MW stuff when SWM showed up....

L