Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Celtchief
Orc
Orc

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by Celtchief » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:56 am

I was just looking at my Sci Fi sets today...thinking about how they'd be a good candidate for a kickstarter. I wonder if they would build off the current theme, or start with a new design. I had forgotten how fully fleshed out the Sci Fi line was and how much detail there was. Love to see what they could do with Dwarvenite.

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 pm

back in the day, these beautiful Sci-Fi ship layouts beckoned:

Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Teulisch
Orc
Orc

Post by Teulisch » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 pm

I would like a set, dwarvenite or otherwise, that i could use for a Traveller ship or station, or for a Starfinder game.

star wars, the light freighter is about 35 meters long. thats about 10 2"x2" dungeon tiles across. thats the length of a traveller scout ship (which is smaller in width), but a free trader is about 13 tiles long, and 6 tiles wide (plus the fuel tank, which is more external walls). heck, the cargo bay alone is 35 floor tiles (7x5, PLUS walls). we need a large 'cargo bay' floor tile.

the 'extras' of ship consoles and such would be nice, if broken up between engineering, command, and passenger compartments. probably a 'cargo' selection of crates and barrels as well, those would be high demand for other games too.
25 resin sets, 5 KS1 sets, 5 KS2 sets, KS3 Village/Sewer/Streets

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Sun May 07, 2017 8:20 pm

I would be like a set if thee different center hub sections that were three-sided, five-sided, and five-sided for multispoked ships and stations.

Also it would be good to have engine room, thrusters, air lock, a hangar door, and turrets plus if course re-reals of all the "current" DF SF sets.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun May 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Wiglaf, you are a true necromancer.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Sun May 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Long passages or hallways are needed. I considered a set of the maki sci fi corridors but after reading more decided against it.

PeteRR
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Re:Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by PeteRR » Sun May 07, 2017 12:01 pm

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:40 am
What I would like to see in a future set ?
I think 9x9 squares tile, a pack of long straight walls (2x6 squares), damaged straight walls, a lift door, a base entrance, straight walls with transparent windows.
I agree with all of these, but especially bigger stand-alone floor pieces and long walls. An airlock would be useful also.

Wiglaf
Goblin
Goblin

Re:Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by Wiglaf » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:56 pm

I feel that there is little that is really needed aside from re-casting the older sets again, or making something with similar pieces if those molds are gone. I know I would invest rather heavily in such a re-release of those sets. Sadly, I was a penny pinching college student when they were last available. That is no longer the case.

My order should arrive tomorrow. I look forward to posting pictures as soon as I get my first set up put together. Once I have evaluated how far I can stretch those sets I'll be checking the budget to see how much more I can afford. This is an exciting time. I can see combining the sci fi sets with caverns and the rumored sewer set to create some excellent Fallout 3 and New Vegas style setups.

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 am

I am with you guys - i will sign up for a 10 pack of sci-fi plus 5-10 addons!.

I have 5 rooms, 6 sets of corridors and a set of the large platforms/columns (no ramp though) and a set of accessories.

Its enough to show off the set but not enough to reallly do something magnificent.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:40 am

http://www.lessouterrainsoublies.fr/Dec ... ction.html

http://www.lessouterrainsoublies.fr/Dec ... oires.html

5 sets only.

What I would like to see in a future set ?
I think 9x9 squares tile, a pack of long straight walls (2x6 squares), damaged straight walls, a lift door, a base entrance, straight walls with transparent windows.

In fact, since I started to collect this product line, I realized the 4 first sets are excellent since you need nothing else more to construct a spaceship or a futurist base.
The furniture (fifth set) was great but if you see the pic I just posted above, many trademarks are doing furniture to complete you set up.

So it's hard to imagine what Jeff could add (corrige me but I think it's Jeff who designed the sf line isn't it ?)