Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:44 pm

I would love to have a modern set!

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by iceycat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:07 pm

I won't buy anything fully resin but if they do a sci-fi dwarvenite one day I may hop on it. I'd actually be REALLY interested in a modern day dwarvenite line for military skirmish games or zombie wargaming, etc. Could also intermix with sci-fi sets for like UFOs crashlanding in suburbia, etc.

A line of tiles for "houses" these would be vinyl siding pattern on the outside wall, plaster on the inside wall. Some with hardwood floors some with carpet textures. Add on pack of interior only walls. Add on pack of tiles that also have windows. Add on pack of doors. Preferably in 2x2 tile format rather than the CBS format.

A line of Apartment buildings or could double as brick houses. Same as above but brick pattern on external wall tiles instead of siding.

A line of cinder block tiles, pattern on both sides. Useful for basements, industrial buildings, etc. Cement texture floor.

A line of tiles with corrugated metal walls and concrete floors. Useful for making warehouses and other industrial type buildings.

A few add on like garage bay doors (2x4) tiles, etc.

THAT would be an amazing system for building random neigborhoods, business, etc. for modern military skirmishes.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:08 pm

There is also Rampage out of NZ.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pr ... ding-syste

This KS just ended, but they do have some SF files. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:24 pm

I have eyed those SF Hirst Arts molds many times and have also considered ordering some of the pre-cast sf blocks. I had a fair bit of experience with them in the 90s, when I bought about 10 of his early molds (including several of his early prototypes). I found that I was not enough interested in the casting process to make it work (ie. large volume). I figure I can give the 3D printers orders once (or twice) a day and generate several hundred parts over the course of a year. I can also use my CAD skills for customs and new tiles. I am very interested in designing some 5x5 SF tiles for the new 28mm Battlestations game. I will report back on my success.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:38 pm

lostpict wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:59 pm
I just bought a 3D printer and am heading in a new direction. I am going to see if I can print in enough volume and with sufficient quality to replace my DF SF sets (7 starters / 2 passages /2 alpha/1 beta /1 gamma). If that works out, I am going to sell my resin sets. If DF gets back in the SF game, I will probably hop all over Dwarvenite / Gorgonite (or maybe Meteorite) sets.
I was tempted last week end by a friends shiny new printer. I am afraid the quality was not there. I am sure there are better machines. Let us know how yours works out.

I would also recommend 4 bot and Hist arts lines of Sci Fi molds to argument the Dwarven Forge sets.

http://www.4botindustries.com/

http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/moldssci.html

Med Lab Accessory Mold #303 http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/m303.pdf is very usful

http://www.4botindustries.com/sci-fi-1 new molds will post any day.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:59 pm

I just bought a 3D printer and am heading in a new direction. I am going to see if I can print in enough volume and with sufficient quality to replace my DF SF sets (7 starters / 2 passages /2 alpha/1 beta /1 gamma). If that works out, I am going to sell my resin sets. If DF gets back in the SF game, I will probably hop all over Dwarvenite / Gorgonite (or maybe Meteorite) sets.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:43 am

kitenerd wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:49 am
With Starfinder and the rerelease of SWd6 the timing has never been better.
Yup! We pulled out my SF sets again for the start of the Starfinder Society games; all the players wanted to play at the table simply because of the terrain.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:31 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 pm
Dolken wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:20 am
I would drop 7k or more on a sci-fi dwarvenite. I own 9 base sci-fi sets, 4 passage, 4 alpha, 1 beta (the last one I saw on ebay I bought at almost $400), and 2 gamma sets (thank you AnimeSensei for letting me buy them.)
Hey, thank YOU! :)
A fine example of how resellers help us all!

TLW
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Dolken wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:20 am
I would drop 7k or more on a sci-fi dwarvenite. I own 9 base sci-fi sets, 4 passage, 4 alpha, 1 beta (the last one I saw on ebay I bought at almost $400), and 2 gamma sets (thank you AnimeSensei for letting me buy them.)
Hey, thank YOU! :)
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:49 am

With Starfinder and the rerelease of SWd6 the timing has never been better.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939