Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Dolken
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by Dolken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:20 am

I would drop 7k or more on a sci-fi dwarvenite. I own 9 base sci-fi sets, 4 passage, 4 alpha, 1 beta (the last one I saw on ebay I bought at almost $400), and 2 gamma sets (thank you AnimeSensei for letting me buy them.)

I would love 3 more beta sets and 2 more gamma sets.

Or

Even better, would be dwarvenite sci-fi sets. If it is a different design would be great as it would make 2 complete sci-fi environments. And that would be awesome.

In truth, I can't see me spending big money on Dwarven Forge unless they do a Sci-fi dwarvenite. My fantasy collection is large. I can't see me going big into another fantasy ks. All that is left in fantasy really is docks and ships, and it really does not feel like those will be comming as we have "returned to dungeons" which sounds like we are now going to go onto a cycle of redoing the same fantasy systems I already have.

Dolken

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Yeah, that is the problem with rare OOP things. I can sell they for a tidy pile of nice Shiney coopers, but to add to them costs a fair bit of coppers even when you can find them.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 pm

lostpict wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:06 pm
I have been hovering on the verge of selling my DF SF sets. I love the stuff and have a lot, but have had difficulty adding the last bits to reach critical mass (another Beta set). I wish DF could tell us to hang tight or give up the ghost.
They would likely fetch a very pretty copper piece on e-bay. I cannot remember the last time I even saw a Beta or Gamma set for sale!

unclebilly
Orc
Orc

Post by unclebilly » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:19 pm

I can defiantly see a new marked for a SF set with the release of Starfinder they would come in handy.

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:06 pm

I have been hovering on the verge of selling my DF SF sets. I love the stuff and have a lot, but have had difficulty adding the last bits to reach critical mass (another Beta set). I wish DF could tell us to hang tight or give up the ghost.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 pm

I too would be interested in some sci-fi sets.

In my research for the wiki it would appear gamma was the last sci-fi set. And if i remember correctly there were only 500 of them made (i dont have my notes here and that data has not made it to the wiki yet). Which explains why they are so hard to find.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:09 pm

I would definitely buy into a DF Sci-fi Dwarvenite KS. They already have a bunch of sculpts done with Alpha - Gamma (though I can't remember...was there ever actually a Delta set?)

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:17 pm

other than alternate shore lines, Sci Fi is what i want most from a DF KS - current resin offering is too limited and it takes like 10 starter sets to even be able to do much

not sure this should be part of the annual offering - as it is a whole different beast - but an off season mini KS would be AWESOME - keep it REALLY simple (like 20 sculpts) - if it takes off then a year later do an expansion with add ons etc - then hanger bays, trading satelites, planetary bases etc - there is lots of potential, but it starts with a simple basic KS to judge interest
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:01 pm

I want more 2x2 walls without windows for the sci fi sets
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:03 am

It would be great to get a sci-fi KS 100% compatible with the old resin style which was wonderful.
May be something darker would be nice, something with an industrial look.
I wonder if Stefan is willing to do it anyway. Sci-fi has nearly disappeared. Only few passage boxes left in the shop.

Resident Evil 2 gameboard KS with incredible miniatures is on the 25 and I think I will use DF 3D sci-fi old sets to make the underground labs and play with it. If someone knows other 3D sci-fi DFf compatible scenery, please let me know !