Can we get some Dwarven Forge shirts made ?

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Can we get some Dwarven Forge shirts made ?

Post by LordDust » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:01 pm

jchunick wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:I'm sure there are quality print on demand t-shirt companies out there; if DF doesn't want to stock shirts, I think that's probably the best option truthfully.

$15-20 and you get a shirt mailed to your door. Make some of them limited edition during a kickstarter or something.
Without looking into it too much, I would agree that taking this route would probably be the best option.
It also allows them to affordably have several designs and to possibly even offer hats or other goodies. I can also vouch that I would love a DF dice bag (that might not be doable on demand, not sure if there is a company that can do that)!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:54 am

AnimeSensei wrote:I'm sure there are quality print on demand t-shirt companies out there; if DF doesn't want to stock shirts, I think that's probably the best option truthfully.

$15-20 and you get a shirt mailed to your door. Make some of them limited edition during a kickstarter or something.
Without looking into it too much, I would agree that taking this route would probably be the best option.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:52 am

I'm sure there are quality print on demand t-shirt companies out there; if DF doesn't want to stock shirts, I think that's probably the best option truthfully.

106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:53 am

LordDust wrote:Maybe one with a nice catchy slogan on it like, "If you build it, they will game!"
That's a kickass slogan!!! XDD

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:24 am

A shirt with the DF logo over the left breast and maybe a goblin cowering before Zaltar on the back hollering, "Doom to yet wallet!" in a word bubble?

Maybe one with a nice catchy slogan on it like, "If you build it, they will game!"

We could always use the good ol' standby: "I went to Valoria and all I got was this crummy T-shirt!" Possibly with subtext: (and a few hundred pounds of Dwarvenite).

Mydienon
Orc
Orc

Post by Mydienon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:44 pm

I wouldn't care if DF offered shirts for sale, but in the suggestions to replace the tote bags with shirts for Kickstarter backers, I'd like to voice my opinion that I prefer the tote bags.

The tote bags are useful for carrying Dwarvenite, or other game-related things, or for shopping, and they are sturdy and good-quality bags. Also, just because I have totes from KSI, KSII, and KSIII, doesn't mean everyone who backs KSIV has the same -- a new backer might appreciate the tote.

I'd probably not wear (or buy) a DF shirt. If it's a DF shirt made at one of those print-on-demand custom-shirt-making websites, I can say I would definitely never wear or buy it. In my experience, those things last through about 3 washings (or maybe the t-shirt gifts I've received have been really low quality; if someone knows of a high-quality custom t-shirt printer, feel free to correct me).

If DF is looking for alternatives to the tote bags for KSIV, I can think of some suggestions. But since this thread is specific to shirts (and not totes, or any KS), I'll just leave it with a suggestion not to replace future KS totes with shirts.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:38 pm

I have three tote bags from KSIII alone. One Ks, one pre-order and one retail. Remember the Hamlet and Village sets come with a tote bag also.

Good idea on the voucher, but why DF? Make it a voucher for one of the T-shirt companies instead. Then it is easy for DDF, they can probably get a bulk discount from the webstore and people can get the shirt they want, even if not DF.

I imagine the price of the tote is far less than a decent T-shirt.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:40 pm

Size is a PITA when it comes to fulfillment, but i would MUCH rather have a shirt than a tote bag

Here is a brilliant marketing idea (thanks, i just thought of it!). Include with every KS order a coupon for a FREE T-shirt (the money they would have spent on tote bag). Redeem your free T-shirt coupon with any $50 order from the webstore. That way the PITA part of fulfillment can be handled one at a time with web orders. Shipping gets paid for with the other bits. Webstore traffic gets a bump due to people wanting free clothes. This is an all around WIN. Plus if the coupon expires after a year, unclaimed shirts can be sold (along with production over runs) for pure profit!

I could totally see Stefan signing these in gold sharpie like a rockstar to a line of adoring fans at a con...
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:13 pm

Oh yes. Having 3 of those already, I thought about the t-shirts too... or fridge magnets if need be. :-D

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:58 pm

I'd way prefer a shirt to the DF bag. :)