Important restock and ala carte item info

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Important restock and ala carte item info

Post by pacarat » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:49 pm

@William:
Sounds good... Love to see the pics. It's amazing how a little bit of irregularity on the river tile edges enhances the appearance.

@Mark: I got my three Woodland sets earlier this year. Wasn't sure how long they'd be available.

I kind of went on a resin tear this past year... Woodlands x3, MBS 1&2 x3 each, ROTA 1&2 x3 each, Catacombs 1&2 x2 each. Plus assorted extras / small sets from each theme. Plus KS3...

Hmmm....best not to dwell on the total outlay, but saving grace was a ton of work travel, and associated overtime $$. Yeah, that's it... :?

dungeonmastermark

Post by dungeonmastermark » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:02 pm

I know the feeling i was going to order 2 woodland sets also.. but they are now magically gone ?

i wonder when we will see more of those ?

but if anyone has a woodland set or 2 they wanna trade or sell for.. let me know..

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:09 pm

@ pacarat -

I was going to order three more water sets for that very same reason. That is, until I saw the items go up last week (openable shutters and resin cavern free standing walls), so I put off the water for a bit.

I have modded (with your Green Stuff idea, (THANKS)) tons of the water and floor tiles a few walls and plan on many more mods to break up the standard wall and floor look. I'll post pictures in a month or two, I still have not settled on a paint scheme yet. Maybe I should just show the green stuff work for now and worry about the paint later. I'll guess, when I finish the mods, more than half my cavern tiles will have a modification. :geek:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Ordered my 3rd (and final) catacomb I set, and a couple of the portcullis doors.

Also picked up two more cavern river tile sets - fodder for green stuff mods.

Teulisch
Orc
Orc

Post by Teulisch » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:51 pm

i know i ordered a a number of the cavern walls- i managed to get the lake expansion and the 10x water tiles, so thats a decent-sized cavern to put some walls on. but mostly I'm getting more DoE stuff, which will let me make a very nice evil temple.

it is a shame that some pieces were visible but 'sold out' over the weekend. i wanted some of those. it looks like the woodland set sold out as well.

to anyone getting the DoE hellscape sets, make sure to grab some ala carte pieces as well. the core set by itself really doesn't have enough walls to make the most of all the pieces at once. and as with all things DF, the good stuff tends to not be in stock very long these days.
25 resin sets, 5 KS1 sets, 5 KS2 sets, KS3 Village/Sewer/Streets

dungeonmastermark

Post by dungeonmastermark » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:38 am

i wish i could get a chasm set...

i might just have to make my own i guess... sigh

BaitSauce
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaitSauce » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:16 am

a few off those pieces I should have added, but I didn't know if they were rare or not. i've been reading up on old sets and pieces the past few days and its hard to find any comprehensive lists. I found a few sites with the main resin sets listed but none of the accessories. I grabbed a couple of the sets, and I was able to get two sets of the open water tile sets with a few of the cavernous rock adds they had up. Wish I could order more but too many expenses all in the same month. Hope everyone was able to order what they wanted with this last wave of releases.
Last edited by BaitSauce on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jls304
Orc
Orc

Important restock and ala carte item info

Post by jls304 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:44 am

For you new people out there let me point out just how freaking rare it is to have some of these individual pieces for sale. I've been buying DF for almost 15 years and most of these items have not been available for many years. They will probably never be made again(at least not in resin for sure).So do yourself a favor and buy what you can NOW. Trust me, later on you WILL regret not buying them

The raise-able portcullis: This came in a wicked editions set and the ogres den but you are looking at serious money if you want a set of them. I've spent years looking for these to make a Colosseum and have gotten luck a few times on ebay. Typically if you do find them the fragile grate is broken or you have to buy a wicked editions set to get ONE :o

The curved corners are hard to come by in quantity and make for a really organic setup.
Sure you can get them in dwarvenite but resin kicks ass.

The small cavern rocks are great for a skill challenge or a battle over a big open lake. You
dont even need the water pieces just put them on a large map and done !

The set of rocks and minerals are so damn useful to add variety to a cavern set. The rocks
actually fit perfectly in the three way cavern passage with the hole in the center. The mithral and stalagmite really set this off. This only ever came in the cavernous passage set which may never be reprinted. These come up for sale once in awhile but never NEW and sealed. You are crazy not to buy a set..... I've waited years to find these again.

The cavern walls were most likely salvaged from some defective river sets and were a steal at 8.00. I should have bought more but oh well. I plan to put a battle map down and just use these for the walls/rooms. No floors needed :)

As far as the extra pieces that quickly disappeared.... I think those were probably posted in error but for those that got them..... you are very lucky bastards.