Store Options: More customization on orders.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Store Options: More customization on orders.

Post by jchunick » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Harneloot wrote:The way the sets are in the store is the way they were boxed at the factory methinks. Other than ripping the boxes open to pull individual things for specific people, I think we have to choose from the sets available. I am just happy that there ARE so many options - many many more than what we get to choose from for the resin sets!
Yup, you are correct. An individual SKU gets created for each box set and each unique piece (or logical sets such as the townsfolk). In fact, Suzy has to open a box when replacing even a single piece, if a loose piece from a previously opened box is not available. It's money lost.

So, although a new box set of just floors can be made, it wouldn't likely be done or even considered until CBS was needing to be restocked.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:23 pm

The way the sets are in the store is the way they were boxed at the factory methinks. Other than ripping the boxes open to pull individual things for specific people, I think we have to choose from the sets available. I am just happy that there ARE so many options - many many more than what we get to choose from for the resin sets!

BaneofHumanity
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaneofHumanity » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:38 am

What I mean is solid floors and not a set that has 3 different options. Not that I wouldn't want a couple of them. I just have more need for solid floors and that's what I wanted in bulk.
6 Billion cries of agony, will birth a new balance.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:21 am

there are stone and wood floor-only sets.

BaneofHumanity
Goblin
Goblin

Store Options: More customization on orders.

Post by BaneofHumanity » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:11 am

I have been thinking about ordering some City Builder stuff. However, I am on a budget. I would really like to see things divided so I can get the pieces I want without wasteing money on pieces I do not want.

For example. I wish there was a wall and floors only. I also wish we could pick the style (tudor/stone)

is there anyway to do a custom order? vs having to choose from the preset packages in the store....
6 Billion cries of agony, will birth a new balance.