New Website

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Re: New Website

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:46 am

Kryzsko wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:59 pm
When I click on the forum link at the top of the page the list of forums comes up all covered in small black conversation bubbles. I can kind of make out the options behind them and then when I click on a specific topic things come up mostly normal but still a little off.
Chrome on a PC.
Click the menu (top right corner ... series of three dots in a vertical line).
Hover mouse pointer over "More tools"
Select Clear browsing data

ClearBrowser.jpg
ClearBrowser.jpg (48.25 KiB) Viewed 2453 times

That should bring up the following window:

ClearBrowser2.jpg
ClearBrowser2.jpg (41.06 KiB) Viewed 2453 times

You may want to change the drop down choice from "the past hour" to "the beginning of time." Then click the "clear browsing data" button. That should remove all the old forum data, css, etc... Refresh the forum page and it should look much better.

Know that doing this clears cookies which will require you to login to any sites you are automatically attaching to. It will still remember passwords you have told it to remember as long as the "Passwords" checkbox is NOT selected when you click the clear browsing data button.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:59 pm

When I click on the forum link at the top of the page the list of forums comes up all covered in small black conversation bubbles. I can kind of make out the options behind them and then when I click on a specific topic things come up mostly normal but still a little off.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:59 pm

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:26 pm

Using a chrome browser on a Windows' PC thing look all messed up in the forums. It looked fine on my iPad.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:41 pm

my iPhone handled the change without me doing anything (like your iPad)

on my iMac, i had to clear the cache (which is remarkable hidden on Firefox) and i went as far as to reset my PRAM, which was probably not neccesary but always a good housekeeping trick (restart while holding down Apple, Option, R, P all at the same time - hold down until you get the startup sound a second time)

since that things have been working perfectly
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:13 pm

I logged in from an iMac, and the entire section under the "forum-topics-posts-lastpost" header is obscured with dark word-balloon icons. Completely unreadable.

Still fine on the iPad.

Edit: Spoke too soon, the half-dark background is coming back piecemeal. Ah well.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:57 pm

ObLaDi wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:05 pm
Hi, as many of you have noted, if the screen looks like this one, the cache has not cleared entirely and an old style sheet is still active. The style sheet really changed on this update and it was worth going with it, but unfortunately, some browsers hold on to old cached data more persistently than others. Thank you all so much for your patience and thanks for helping each other out.
jchunick wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:26 am
My Samsung Galaxy S5 Active has the same issue as lostpic - all the dropdown menus are showing at the same time. I've attached a screenshot from my phone.

Screenshot_2017-02-04-10-07-50.jpg
Thanks! :-)

I thought I had cleared the cache... turns out I had just cleared my history. First time I had ever bothered clearing my cache in this phone... oops!

... I know, it's pretty bad for a guy who builds and manages websites, but I have definitely never claimed to be perfect - boy, do I know how many stupid things I do - on a daily basis. :-)
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:42 pm

That did the trick, thanks.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ObLaDi » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi, as many of you have noted, if the screen looks like this one, the cache has not cleared entirely and an old style sheet is still active. The style sheet really changed on this update and it was worth going with it, but unfortunately, some browsers hold on to old cached data more persistently than others. Thank you all so much for your patience and thanks for helping each other out.
jchunick wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:26 am
My Samsung Galaxy S5 Active has the same issue as lostpic - all the dropdown menus are showing at the same time. I've attached a screenshot from my phone.

Screenshot_2017-02-04-10-07-50.jpg

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:58 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:28 am
My Chrome/Win 10 looked like that until I cleared my cache the initial time.
Ditto. but I needed to clear it three times, because ObLaDi had to make an adjustment after the first time, then I didn't notice I had the site open on a tab the second time. Try closing everything down then clearing the cash/history and restart device. Worth the try. Even the longer threads are working out now.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )