New Website

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Website

Post by ObLaDi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Sorry for the long delay...Kickstarter 4 shipping and Kickstarter 5 intervened.

InvincibleOverlord's post has been repaired. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6056&p=74301#p74301

Ghenghis Ska's post is repaired. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4218&start=20

If there are other posts that people want repaired, please send the links. I will do them as I have time - repairing them does take quite a bit of time.

Thanks for pointing these out!

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:09 pm

It is fixed!!!!!!

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:40 pm

The awesome DF staff is working on this problem. I've been contacted a couple of times now with assurances that they will get it fixed.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:22 pm

There really should be an 'opt-out' feature. So you don't have to see it any more.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:31 pm

I signed up again just now, but it did not go away. I also dislike the "Would you like a bar like this for your website?" ad.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:05 pm

I made a separate thread before I saw people talking about it here, so I will re-post here:

Sorry, but I am not a fan of the big green "Hello Bar". I already signed up for e-mail updates, but the bar just stays there bouncing and jiggling. I liked the banner on the front page with a picture of the Dungeon of Doom much better. The green bar is distracting and there is no way to make it go away even when it does not apply to you.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:33 pm

I have difficulties with my ability to focus and the shaking "sign me up" is really distracting. I'm irrationally aggravated by it and even as I type I'm filled with an increasing desire to just close the DF tab I have open rather than be subjected to it any longer.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Very annoying. I don't mind the banner, but the pop-ups in front of my view (and blocking the sign-in) have got to go.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:26 pm

It is annoying and I wish it would go away after I signed up for it the third time, but it will not keep me off the forum even if it is really annoying.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:24 pm

Am I the only one who thinks the hello bar is incredibly annoying? I can't see any way to just close the thing and it really makes me want to leave the site. It might go away if I sign up for updates, but I'm annoyed enough that that's the last thing I want to do. It's like walking through a store while being followed by an anxious salesman who asks you if you want to buy the thing he's holding, over and over and over. You ask him to go away, but he's always there, hovering and fidgeting, shaking the item at you. He even blocks your view of things you actually want to look at.