We're asking for feedback on the shopping experience

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Re: We're asking for feedback on the shopping experience

Post by jgt4242 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:27 pm

ObLaDi wrote:Hi, all our non-US shipping is dynamically calculated by a USPS shipping calculator. You may contact dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com to discuss shipping on a particular order.
jgt4242 wrote:
While we're there maybe you can answer a question about shipping.
I've seen that if I pu only miniatures in my cart I have two option to ship to Canada.
- First Class Package Mail International (7 to 21 buisness days)
- Priority Mail Express International (3 to 5 buisness days)

If I put only one set of any tiles in the cart then the First Class Package Mail International option, the less pricy by far, disapear. Why? The shipping itself take more time, but with a shipping that is litteraly half the cost I think It would be worth it and as far as I know that option can take up to 20lbs wich is enough for smaller order.
That's the problem. Just like on eBay the dynamically calculation of USPS is always wrong and not reflective of their normal prices at all...

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ObLaDi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi, all our non-US shipping is dynamically calculated by a USPS shipping calculator.

For CA shipping, we have enabled First Class Package Mail International and Priority Mail Express International. If your package is under 1 lb, you have a choice; First Class can be used only for packages of under 1 lb. When your shipment is 1 lb or over, First Class no longer applies and you see only Priority Mail.

For countries other than the US and CA, USPS Priority Mail Express International is the option that is calculated.

You may contact dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com to discuss shipping on a particular order if you don't want to use USPS Priority Mail.
jgt4242 wrote:
I've seen that if I pu only miniatures in my cart I have two option to ship to Canada.

If I put only one set of any tiles in the cart then the First Class Package Mail International option, the less pricy by far, disapear. Why? The shipping itself take more time, but with a shipping that is litteraly half the cost I think It would be worth it and as far as I know that option can take up to 20lbs wich is enough for smaller order.

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:22 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:As far as I'm aware, first class only does up to about a pound. Parcel Select is the option that goes higher.

I could be wrong though, I'm going off of memory.
Oh maybe you're right actually...

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:25 pm

As far as I'm aware, first class only does up to about a pound. Parcel Select is the option that goes higher.

I could be wrong though, I'm going off of memory.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:04 pm

ObLaDi wrote:Thanks for the input! Great suggestions.

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ObLaDi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:06 am

Thanks for the input! Great suggestions.

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:25 am

jackattack wrote:By my figures, even if that drive to NY is done in a single long day, it's still about a hundred dollars...
Yep about a hundred dollars...but it cost me more than 120$ only to receive the imperial street ALONE...with nothing else...that's crazy! I can get About 5 times that weight for that price across the ocean! That's not normal!

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 pm

On an iPhone using the Chrome browser the store looks perfect. The pictures for each item are large, clear, and in a single file line from top to bottom. I have never made an order with my phone but it looks good. I normally make orders using my computer.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:00 pm

By my figures, even if that drive to NY is done in a single long day, it's still about a hundred dollars...
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:01 pm

dice4hire wrote:I am an international DFer and so my views are maybe not the same as most of the customer base.

On the plus side DF recently upgraded the store's shipping form a tier system to a more dynamic system, but the prices are pretty high, especially when ordering only a few items. For a medium order the prices seem to be better. They do not seem as bad as the ones to Canada that jgt4242 is reporting though I am getting a quote of 104 bucks for shipping a single Imperial streets to Japan, which is close to what he reported.

To me accurate shipping is really important for international folks as the sticker shock can easily drive away new customers. Or reduce orders of preexisting customers.

The log in system for the shopping cart is odd also. First I put things in the cart and I know I can log in here, but the link is in grey way up at the top of the page and may not be noticed. Then I push checkout and go to the shipping fill-in page where I can log in a bit more obviously. After I log in I am kicked out of the ordering system to my account page of previous orders and have to reenter the shopping cart system again. That seems an extra step. Maybe the log -in system can remember what page I was at before to make logging in a bit more seamless?

I really like ordering from Troll and Toad in that as you shop, there is a floating running total on the side of the screen as you shop. It does not have shipping or the order total, but it shows what is in the cart pretty dynamically. This may be less effective here as I imagine people are not buying a dozen or more things like I tend to do at Troll and Toad. Still when new KS stuff hits the store, perhaps a lot of people are indeed making large orders such as that. I do.

I think the store could be better for the new people who are wandering this way, especially those who might see KSV for the first experience of DF goodness. Perhaps when one has clicked on the product form the main menu and are looking at the details like pieces included, there could be a way to scroll left and right from the product to other products like Reaper's site allows. For example, if looking at Imperial streets, if there were a button on the left and right of the screen that would allow the shopper to easily look at the Bridge of Valor (left button) and the Street Starter (right button) it could make browsing a bit easier. Right now there is a lot of back and forth clicking.

Maybe even being able to compare two sets side by side in the product view like above?

The store has definitely improved since I joined at KSI and I do appreciate it.
Wow so it cost less to ship an Imperial Street set to Japan than to ship to to Canada???
That's crazy! I mean I could take a car ride for 8 hours and go to New York to get my set in proper hands that's to say how close that is! LOL!