We're asking for feedback on the shopping experience

Dolken
Goblin
Goblin

Re: We're asking for feedback on the shopping experience

Post by Dolken » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:45 am

Put photos of the unpainted Items so we can see what color the unpainted items are. Most are Dungeon Gray Dwarvenite, but now some of the reorders are not being done in Dungeon Gray Dwarvenite.

Example: Water Cavern Open Water Tiles (Unpainted) are done in Green Dwarvenite.

So the question is. Are the Stone Starter Set (Unpainted) from city builder, Dungeon Gray Dwarvenite like the Kickstarts were or are they the Milky Gray that the painted ones were?

A photo of them would clear that up very quick.

Thank you,
Dolken

spect_spidey
Goblin
Goblin

Post by spect_spidey » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:55 am

BaneofHumanity wrote:I want to buy single pieces....
I would also second this. There are 6 corners in a basic dungeon set. Only way to get more is buy another dungeon set, buy the curved corners set, or buy a passage set that gives 4 bevelled corners and has a limited use for room building. I think if individual pieces are not available, then up the number in the base set. At least up it to 8, then you can make two square rooms with a possible small hallway in between them.

BaneofHumanity
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaneofHumanity » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:52 am

I want to buy single pieces....
6 Billion cries of agony, will birth a new balance.

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 am

Alphyns wrote:
jgt4242 wrote:I can't logically cost me more to order something from this website than what it cost for dice4hire, who I repeat live IN JAPAN, to order the same things...that's downright impossible.
Oh, I completely agree that shouldn't be the case. But "impossible" and "can't"? My folks used to live in Niagara-on-the-Lake. New York (state) was literally just a short swim from their back yard. There were things that it just made sense to hold off on getting until the next time they were over the border. I've seen shipping charges from the UK bounce +/- 100% in a week for the exact same item. International shipping has always been funky. That isn't just with DF either. I think we both know that.

All of which is tangential to my original point on the matter. So, let me try that part again: As a US customer, whose storefront purchases have been limited and for which the shipping charges have not been particularly onerous, I don't have any experience with or insight into the many shipping charge complaints that other people are raising. Thus my thoughts on the subject of the store front are focused on a different issue than what other people were talking about. I was in no way trying to belittle or discount (pun not intended but enjoyed) anyone else's experiences. If it came across that way I apologize.
OH NO NO! Don't worry lol! Was just informing you.
But the thing is...the most pricy place to get shipping from USPS for me is Dwarven Forge.
Other order I make in the US that ship with USPS, and believe some can weight way more than some game tiles too, charge less. That's my grip with the system. Sure I can email Suzy to try and see if there is something to do, but doing that each time feel quite uncomfortable to me.

I know shipping cost something and it's normal.
But I also know I get heavier package from USPS elsewhere in the US...farter in the US from me I should say...and it cost less. Like I wrote earlier dice4hire live in japan and it cost him less to order from this website than me and I live in Canada...that's...quite special LOL!

But I don't want to sound like a whiner. That's not the purpose.
I'm just really persuaded something's just not right with the shipping quote in their systems...

Didn't want to sound harsh or rude either so if that was the cas sorry, but sometime I have a bit of a problem with my ensligh since I'm french canadian lol...

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:34 pm

I have had great service from the DW Shop & great support from Suzie.

My challenge over the years has been consistent product availability. Over the years, I slowly bought most of what I wanted from DF, but it required diligence and patience that I suspect the average consumer would not muster. At times, I have felt like a stealthy hunter sneaking through the on-line shop sniping Catacombs, ROTA, DOE, Sci-Fi and other endangered species rather than the more typical consumer experience that encourages smaller and more frequent purchasing behavior.

This has been less the case with the Dwarvenite sets due to the KS pre-order format. For these products, I wish that DF store had a bits purchase option (with a handling premium) so that I could buy what I need instead of all that comes with some sets. As an example, I would like a couple of dozen more stone double posts, but I don't want to buy 3 sets since I don't want / need more double wood posts.

Just so I am clear, I am not complaining, but instead I suspect that the stocking issues may discourage some additional consumers from investing in these fantastic products.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphyns » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:06 pm

jgt4242 wrote:I can't logically cost me more to order something from this website than what it cost for dice4hire, who I repeat live IN JAPAN, to order the same things...that's downright impossible.
Oh, I completely agree that shouldn't be the case. But "impossible" and "can't"? My folks used to live in Niagara-on-the-Lake. New York (state) was literally just a short swim from their back yard. There were things that it just made sense to hold off on getting until the next time they were over the border. I've seen shipping charges from the UK bounce +/- 100% in a week for the exact same item. International shipping has always been funky. That isn't just with DF either. I think we both know that.

All of which is tangential to my original point on the matter. So, let me try that part again: As a US customer, whose storefront purchases have been limited and for which the shipping charges have not been particularly onerous, I don't have any experience with or insight into the many shipping charge complaints that other people are raising. Thus my thoughts on the subject of the store front are focused on a different issue than what other people were talking about. I was in no way trying to belittle or discount (pun not intended but enjoyed) anyone else's experiences. If it came across that way I apologize.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:32 pm

I have no problems with the website but i agree that ratings and comments would help the uninitiated and those who don't troll the forums daily ;) Negative comments (if respectful) can be helpful to those hoping to make informed decisions. It also creates realistic expectations and prevents complaints and returns (Woodland set doesn't line up??? who cares it is beautiful, i am buying it anyway!).

Having unavailable items still up with a clearly posted restock date is really important. I never bought resin because when i got the urge the basic set was always out of stock and it seemed silly to buy accessories for something i did not own.

The big thing to drive traffic to the website is to create immediacy. Give me a reason to buy today as opposed to next week/month/never. Temporary discounts, free product for a limited time (ie free mini with every $50 - doesn't have to be a lot, just tempting), vouchers toward KS (say $5 for every hundred spent to be applied in the pledge manager) or shipping discounts are all things that would work. These don't have to be HUGE (or costly) giveaways, just the nudge we all need to do something now as opposed to later. The paint sale was a great example of this... i added some other product and i bet everyone else did too!

Staying in front of folks is really important. Not daily or even weekly, but once every 3-4 weeks an email with a gorgeous build picture along with a reminder that X and such is in stock and available now, or check out more pictures in our forums, or (god forbid) follow us on Facebook (don't get me started!). For those of us lurking here, we are always thinking about and excited about the product. But for the consumer at home who hasn't pulled theirs out in a month or two, reminding them to play with their toys and build their collection is crucial.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Alphyns wrote:I'm guessing that this is part of an effort to drive more traffic to the store front?

Something that SJ Games does is to routinely throw some extra cards/bookmarks/other stuff into boxes when you order from their store. Obviously, paper goods weigh, and cost, less than do DF terrain pieces but the idea might still be usable. I know that I've padded orders to "earn" better freebies and I can't be the only greedy OCD victim in the room.

It could be as simple as someone pulls one item out of a box to toss into any order of more than $X. Or as complicated as 1 point per $Y dollars spent, users specify category (dungeon, cavern, city, miniature, etc) with various pieces being slotted into various point-valued grab bags (1 point: two chairs, a bench, a small figure, or a coin up to Z points: a painted lion statue or two-headed croc -- obviously the actual contents of each level would be up to DF and may or may not be made common knowledge.

That said, I've ordered only a few times and each time was simple and easy to do. Shipping costs are what they are. But I'm in the US so maybe the prices are significantly lower than what some other customers are experiencing.
Yes shipping costs are what they are, but that' can't be that price.
dice4hire live in Japan and it cost him less to order tiles.
Me I live in Canada...it's an 8 hours road trip from New Work to where I live litteraly.
I can't logically cost me more to order something from this website than what it cost for dice4hire, who I repeat live IN JAPAN, to order the same things...that's downright impossible.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:40 pm

To be honest, I really wish the storefront was updated to be more like Paizo, Amazon, etc.

I really like the idea of being able to rate products.

The more I think about it, that's the one thing I want the most is a rating and comment section. Maybe the ability to post pictures of the sets/pieces in use as well. (Which has been said earlier)

I think a rewards system may not work due to the size/weight of the pieces people would want. But a freebie or mystery coupon or something would be cool.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphyns » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:35 pm

I'm guessing that this is part of an effort to drive more traffic to the store front?

Something that SJ Games does is to routinely throw some extra cards/bookmarks/other stuff into boxes when you order from their store. Obviously, paper goods weigh, and cost, less than do DF terrain pieces but the idea might still be usable. I know that I've padded orders to "earn" better freebies and I can't be the only greedy OCD victim in the room.

It could be as simple as someone pulls one item out of a box to toss into any order of more than $X. Or as complicated as 1 point per $Y dollars spent, users specify category (dungeon, cavern, city, miniature, etc) with various pieces being slotted into various point-valued grab bags (1 point: two chairs, a bench, a small figure, or a coin up to Z points: a painted lion statue or two-headed croc -- obviously the actual contents of each level would be up to DF and may or may not be made common knowledge.

That said, I've ordered only a few times and each time was simple and easy to do. Shipping costs are what they are. But I'm in the US so maybe the prices are significantly lower than what some other customers are experiencing.