We're asking for feedback on the shopping experience

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: We're asking for feedback on the shopping experience

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:55 pm

I am an international DFer and so my views are maybe not the same as most of the customer base.

On the plus side DF recently upgraded the store's shipping form a tier system to a more dynamic system, but the prices are pretty high, especially when ordering only a few items. For a medium order the prices seem to be better. They do not seem as bad as the ones to Canada that jgt4242 is reporting though I am getting a quote of 104 bucks for shipping a single Imperial streets to Japan, which is close to what he reported.

To me accurate shipping is really important for international folks as the sticker shock can easily drive away new customers. Or reduce orders of preexisting customers.

The log in system for the shopping cart is odd also. First I put things in the cart and I know I can log in here, but the link is in grey way up at the top of the page and may not be noticed. Then I push checkout and go to the shipping fill-in page where I can log in a bit more obviously. After I log in I am kicked out of the ordering system to my account page of previous orders and have to reenter the shopping cart system again. That seems an extra step. Maybe the log -in system can remember what page I was at before to make logging in a bit more seamless?

I really like ordering from Troll and Toad in that as you shop, there is a floating running total on the side of the screen as you shop. It does not have shipping or the order total, but it shows what is in the cart pretty dynamically. This may be less effective here as I imagine people are not buying a dozen or more things like I tend to do at Troll and Toad. Still when new KS stuff hits the store, perhaps a lot of people are indeed making large orders such as that. I do.

I think the store could be better for the new people who are wandering this way, especially those who might see KSV for the first experience of DF goodness. Perhaps when one has clicked on the product form the main menu and are looking at the details like pieces included, there could be a way to scroll left and right from the product to other products like Reaper's site allows. For example, if looking at Imperial streets, if there were a button on the left and right of the screen that would allow the shopper to easily look at the Bridge of Valor (left button) and the Street Starter (right button) it could make browsing a bit easier. Right now there is a lot of back and forth clicking.

Maybe even being able to compare two sets side by side in the product view like above?

The store has definitely improved since I joined at KSI and I do appreciate it.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

spect_spidey
Goblin
Goblin

Post by spect_spidey » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:12 pm

I think some pictures of the pieces in use would be great. I have bought some sets, but others I am not exactly sure how they would be used. For example, I had to ask in these forums to understand what purpose the various Dungeon Passage packs could be used for. There were no examples of them in use. I also think it would be help to show builds from a set to help people get an idea of exactly how big of a display they can expect with say one Cavern or Dungeon set, etc. I was a little disappointed when I bought a Dungeon set w/Kickstarter extras, Cavern standard & varied sets, a Cavern Floor, and two City Builder starters w/Kickstarter extras only to find that I still cannot fill up a 4'X4' table. It actually made me regret spending almost $500 and still not being able to fill my skirmish table with terrain. In all honesty, had I realized that it would cost so much to fill such a play area, I would have continued searching for an alternative to fill my skirmish dungeon/underground city landscape.

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Blue Prophet wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote: Have a listing of out of stock sets somewhere on the site for historical purposes; there are people that label stuff on Ebay as DF when they are not, and an official resource (like our beloved Wikia) would be great.
Second this. It would allow people to give feedback on resin sets they may want, which may show there is enough demand to warrant a reprint of those older sets.

Also a way to see shipping costs in the cart by just putting in a ZIP code instead of logging in or typing all shipping info.
Don't know about zip code, but inputing postal code on ebay get crazy result that are actually far from the true cost too...like 5 times the cost sometimes sooo...don't know if it's a good idea. It's like that for Canada Post too. You can get a price online by looking at their website, but then you get in a post office and the prices are different, much of the time lower.

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:27 pm

AnimeSensei wrote: Have a listing of out of stock sets somewhere on the site for historical purposes; there are people that label stuff on Ebay as DF when they are not, and an official resource (like our beloved Wikia) would be great.
Second this. It would allow people to give feedback on resin sets they may want, which may show there is enough demand to warrant a reprint of those older sets.

Also a way to see shipping costs in the cart by just putting in a ZIP code instead of logging in or typing all shipping info.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:52 pm

On my Samsung Galaxy S4 the entire page doesn't show in my screen; I need to scroll to the right.

Also, not everyone knows where to find things by way of the Kickstarters. I'd group things better for the first-time visitor.

As mentioned, the shipping quotes.

Mention that the KS3 (and soon to be KS4) pieces have a different base color for the Dwarvenite than dungeons or caverns. My OCD likes all of my stuff to match and it's still a :( issue to me that I don't feel my KS3 stone sets mesh well visually with my older dwarvenite Game Tiles sets. Maybe just call the original color "Dungeon Gray" and the new color "Stone Gray" or something with a Pantone-style color swatch box.

Links to the painting guides for each unpainted item on that item's page.

I would LOOOOOOOOVE a comment section and rating section on each item in the store. Something like Amazon's review section. It would help with questions people have on each set and tips and tricks as well.

Have a listing of out of stock sets somewhere on the site for historical purposes; there are people that label stuff on Ebay as DF when they are not, and an official resource (like our beloved Wikia) would be great.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ObLaDi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We'll definitely try to address this. In the meantime, please don't ever hesitate to ask for a shipping quote for shipping outside the US! There are some constraints in the shipping system that we can't control, particularly for shipping outside the US.
jgt4242 wrote:The shipping quote system.

I can get orders from other places around the world (or yes in america) that weight more and cost less.

I know I can email you to get a proper shipping quote, but...I feel like I would harass you lol.
I mean I got shipped for around 40lbs of stuff from California a couple of months ago for like 70$-75$.
If I want to order the Imperial Street alone right now it cost me about 123,71 of shipping to Canada...

Something's clearly not right...

I don't want to whine. I really LOVE your website, your products and the customer services is just GREAT! But shipping prices here are awkward...

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:01 pm

The shipping quote system.

I can get orders from other places around the world (or yes in america) that weight more and cost less.

I know I can email you to get a proper shipping quote, but...I feel like I would harass you lol.
I mean I got shipped for around 40lbs of stuff from California a couple of months ago for like 70$-75$.
If I want to order the Imperial Street alone right now it cost me about 123,71 of shipping to Canada...

Something's clearly not right...

I don't want to whine. I really LOVE your website, your products and the customer services is just GREAT! But shipping prices here are awkward...

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

We're asking for feedback on the shopping experience

Post by ObLaDi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi, folks, we plan to make some tweaks to the shopping section of the site. We would be grateful for input on how to make the shopping experience better, particularly on mobile. Please be specific! Thanks so much!