We're asking for feedback on the shopping experience

Dolken
Goblin
Goblin

Re: We're asking for feedback on the shopping experience

Post by Dolken » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi Kryzsko,

I believe the only Green Dwarvenite is GT5-WC1-U Water Cavern Open Water Tiles (Unpainted).

The only yellow Dwarvenite i know of is from GT5-LC-U Lava Cavern Pack (Unpainted). This Item looks like it was removed from the store. I think when they do the store revamp It should be back.

I am sure if you ask Suzy Simon <dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com> she could set you up to buy GT5-LC-U Lava Cavern Pack.

Dolken

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:19 pm

What do I order to get a set of dwarvenite in yellow or green. I would like a set in yellow for sure.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:04 am

Another comment I forgot to make.

If it is not too difficult, it is probably best to get rid of the sculpt in progress pictures for the KSIII stuff in the store. They have existed for a year now. And for KSIV pics, best to try not to have anything but final pictures when they hit the store.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:12 pm

spect_spidey wrote:I think some pictures of the pieces in use would be great. I have bought some sets, but others I am not exactly sure how they would be used. For example, I had to ask in these forums to understand what purpose the various Dungeon Passage packs could be used for. There were no examples of them in use. I also think it would be help to show builds from a set to help people get an idea of exactly how big of a display they can expect with say one Cavern or Dungeon set, etc. I was a little disappointed when I bought a Dungeon set w/Kickstarter extras, Cavern standard & varied sets, a Cavern Floor, and two City Builder starters w/Kickstarter extras only to find that I still cannot fill up a 4'X4' table. It actually made me regret spending almost $500 and still not being able to fill my skirmish table with terrain. In all honesty, had I realized that it would cost so much to fill such a play area, I would have continued searching for an alternative to fill my skirmish dungeon/underground city landscape.
Yes this very much.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Capturing an email or user id at that point would gove DF an automatic "The item you requested is back in stock" blast email (ala Noble Knight). Plus it would prevent one individual from requesting a restock of bowties 300 times ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Alkettory
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alkettory » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:03 am

For out-of-stock but not discontinued items, it might be nice to have a "Want" button hooked up to a counter that a shopper could click to express interest in a product.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:21 am

Dolken wrote:On the left is Dungeon Gray Dwarvenite. On the right is Green and Yellow Dwarvenite.
20170120_164928-1_resized.jpg
I see what you mean.

I would have figured the water tile on the left was unpainted and the one on the right was a set of painted ones that were sent to you by mistake. I say that because that is exactly what happened to me, I ordered all unpainted but ended up with some of the order as boxes of painted. DF took care of me of course. But if both water tiles are unpainted tiles it would be good to know in advance if unpainted tiles will be dull black or green black.

As for the yellow Dwarvenite, I would be upset if I thought I was going to get Dungeon Gray Dwarvenite caverns and I ended up with yellow. On the other hand if I was painting lava caverns I might want yellow Dwarvenite even more.

Thanks for the pics.

Dolken
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Dolken » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:29 pm

First, I want to say Dwarven Forge is taking great care of me and are going well above and beyond anything I would of ever expected them to do.

Now the reason I ask for a photo is not to get the exact true color but to get an idea of the color. And since I asked for them to put photos I will post a photo to show the reason.

The Dungeon Gray Dwarvenite vs Green Dwarvenite is hard to tell apart in the photo but I am sure you will see the difference with the yellow Dwarvenite.

On the left is Dungeon Gray Dwarvenite. On the right is Green and Yellow Dwarvenite.
20170120_164928-1_resized.jpg
20170120_164928-1_resized.jpg (397.3 KiB) Viewed 2710 times
And I would like to know If the City builder stone floors and walls are Dungeon Gray Dwarvenite like the KS3 or are they the milky light gray as they used for the painted sets. I like the darker color to start painting from then the lighter color. By having the photo I would know if I want to buy the product.

Again I want to say Dwarven Forge is taking great care of me, and also already starting to make changes to the site to help us.

Thank you,
Dolken

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:34 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Dolken wrote: A photo of them would clear that up very quick.
They would need to take the photos with some kind of colored universally known object or it might not clear any thing up.
I still think a blue square swatch of color would be helpful either on the store page or at minimum on a FAQ.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:58 am

Dolken wrote: A photo of them would clear that up very quick.
They would need to take the photos with some kind of colored universally known object or it might not clear any thing up.