Could we get a "Like" function for the website?

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Could we get a "Like" function for the website?

Post by GODofwar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Stefan, Jay: Good idea....but spend the time and money on mo' betta stretch goals in KS IV>..

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:41 pm

on the one hand i completely agree with dice4hire - i do almost ZERO social networking (DF forums and occasionally Reaper forums - that is IT!) and i find the +1 to be silly

on the flipside as someone who lives by the "unread post" button - how many times do you click on a thread to see the comment "great photos thanks for sharing" - that comment really doesn't advance the conversation... this is a case where a +1 would suffice and save me checking a thread
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:50 pm

I have to say I do not really like the "like" button in any of its incarnations on any websites (thinking of one in particular of course)

It just seems so mindless.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zoroaster100 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:13 pm

By the way, on the Reaper forums, the Like function is more than just a Like button. When you log on you can see right away how many new Likes you have received on any of your posts and can click on the icon showing you new Likes to take you to a scroll down of each recent one, and tells you who Liked what post, allowing you to click right over to the Liked post.

I know it is possible to comment and say you like a post, but I can tell you from the Reaper Miniatures forum that few people take the time to comment, but many people do spend the second to push the Like button. It's not the end of the world if it can't be implemented, but I think it would increase interaction and interconnectedness for posters and people who tend to mostly view and read but not post, but might Like posts they enjoy.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:03 am

If I really like something on a forum even if the forum has a like function I post, but I guess it would take less time to just push a button.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:37 pm

LIKE !!!
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

unclebilly
Orc
Orc

Post by unclebilly » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:34 pm

I wold like to like the post above but can not :lol:

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Could we get a "Like" function for the website?

Post by zoroaster100 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:53 pm

It would be great to click a button to show liking and approval of photos and ideas posted on the forum, and when posting nice photos or useful contributions, getting that positive reinforcement might encourage posters to post again and more frequently. Reaper Miniatures has that function on their website and I notice people use it regularly to provide quick feedback on their Show Off section of their forum and other parts of the forum as well.