How to Change your Password

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: How to Change your Password

Post by jchunick » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:05 pm

zoroaster100 wrote:Thanks for posting these instructions. I found the new Forum very un-intuitive so far. The official instructions on the page say to change the password on the "profile" page but I had to read another set of instructions to realize that to get to the profile page I needed to click on my username. I had scanned the whole page several times for the word "profile" or "account" etc. and found nothing.
Go figure, this forum is PHPBB, which is one of the most popular forums on the internet (btw, I don't like PHPBB much, either - and I have to work with it on other sites I host.)
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zoroaster100 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks for posting these instructions. I found the new Forum very un-intuitive so far. The official instructions on the page say to change the password on the "profile" page but I had to read another set of instructions to realize that to get to the profile page I needed to click on my username. I had scanned the whole page several times for the word "profile" or "account" etc. and found nothing.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:29 pm

1- Click you username (weaverjk) at the top right of this page (red characters)
2- Select "user control panel"
3- Select the "profile" tab
4- Click "edit account setting"
5- Select a new password!

weaverjk
Orc
Orc

How to Change your Password

Post by weaverjk » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:30 pm

Just logged on for the first time since the site switchover.
I'm an IT guy.
Can't find anywhere in the User Control Panel or Profile to change the randomly-generated password over to a password of my choosing.

Can anyone please tell me where to find the "change your password" link after you've logged in? Grrrrr.

No, not a Password *Reset*, but a Change of password if you already know your password.

Thanks!