Fix the "Out of Stock" issue

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Fix the "Out of Stock" issue

Post by monkplayer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:57 am

Stefan and Jeff,
What do you think of my idea? Is there any way this could work? Maybe promising the new out of stock sets by October would be a safe time even considering delays in shipping and manufacturing?

My reasoning for posting this idea is solely wanting to help you prosper as much as possible by securing as many new DF fans as possible.
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:03 pm

This is an excellent idea. I am sure newbs are discouraged with the "out of stock" banners. How could they not when even we are? Stefan and Jeff, please take Biowizard's advice and change the banner from out of stock to "in stock in July" or whenever the restock is supposed to hit.

Monkplayer also has a good idea, just not sure how workable that is from the business end. But at least take Bio's and run with it.

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by monkplayer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:04 pm

@Biowizard

FYI. Here was suggestion I posted in another forum here on DF;

Stefan,
I really hate to see you miss an opportunity to get some sales from new Kickstarter customers wanting to buy sets here on DF. Is it possible to offer these sets for sale but with the caveat of a later shipping date? You've stated you have the cash now and it's just a matter of getting them made. I'm just trying to be helpful and grow the terrain line I love SO much!

NEW part of an idea though I'm posting here is;

All these new customer on the Kickstarter are waiting till October for their new sets, so they probably won't mind waiting till August/September for Master Maze Sets, so post the estimated arrival dates (October?) now on the website and open it up for orders! Does this idea have any merit or is it not very viable?
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

dandare
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dandare » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Wise words. A good simple easy change that communicates better to people 'browsing' who have not yet committed.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Fix the "Out of Stock" issue

Post by biowizard » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:03 pm

DF is probably living its golden age and I'm glad to witness it!

A tremendous number of new users come to see what wonderful products are being offered here and DF should capitalize on this. Every time I see someone complaining about the items being "Out of Stock", I keep reassuring them that it is a temporary issue that gets resolved twice per year (next one this summer) and that you can subscribe to be notified by email once the product is back in stock. Nevertheless, I would say that too many people just do not read the forum, click the "back" button of their browser and forget all about it, DF losing a lot of patronage! In my mind, the "Out of Stock" notification should be directly replaced with something like: "Next restock this coming July, click here to be reminded by email once in stock".