Photos

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Photos

Post by ObLaDi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:23 am

You are so sweet - the thanks is enough. I feel badly that it took so long for me to discover them, and hopefully over time we can actually figure out some pattern so maybe they can be relinked.
kitenerd wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:09 am
If she can restore those posts, i will send her flowers!

kitenerd
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kitenerd » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:09 am

kitenerd wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:26 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:37 pm
If she can restore those pictures somewhere I'm sure she will get virtual hugs from the entire forum. :)
If she can restore those posts, i will send her flowers!

Johanna - I believe i owe you some flowers my dear!

if you PM me an address i will add some color to your winter world ;)

(might be after spring break - i have to fly from CA to beautiful and temperate OHIO... don't ask!)

Thank you - i have been geeking out on great old pics

as for the 2032 pictures - those are the ones of the Sci Fi sets - makes complete sense to me ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:09 pm

This is most excellent news!!!

A very hearty HUZZAH! for all your hard work in restoring this part of Dwarven Forge history! I am sure Shadox would bestow upon you one of those very rare and esteemable Quadruple YRTFWs!

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ObLaDi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Hi, AnimeSensei, you are very attentive! I have been working on the menus this morning and you caught the site in a momentary change.

I have found a cache of photos from 2005 - 2010 that was stored in an obscure folder amongst old forum files. These are probably the Forum images that were lost in an early migration of the Forum. I know that many of you have lamented the loss of these early images.

In order to provide a means to restore these photos, I found an application that allows them to be displayed exactly as I found them, in folders which might represent the IDs of the posts to which they were originally linked, and preserving and displaying the dates of the photos. (The application also allows ratings, which one Forum user asked for). I am pretty sure that the folder names refer to post IDs, but since the Forum has been migrated from it's original platform at least twice, the IDs don't relate to current post IDs. Since I don't have access to the database that the original Forum was stored in, I can't use technology to map these folders to the posts. The links to the old photos are not extant in these old posts.

There are also a few folders with images that are dated 2032, go figure.

The link to the archived photos is http://dwarvenforge.com/archivedphotos/. I have not put an official link on the menu yet (AnimeSensei chanced upon it while I was changing menu links). After I get some feedback and when the archive is in a more finished state, I will figure out a place to put a permanent link.

I am loading these folders incrementally because I must check the folders before I upload. That is why currently there are only about 150 photos loaded. There are 2478 folders, so please bear with me as I progress through the files.

I apologize but Dwarven Forge has a small staff and we don't have the resources to manually backtrack the thousands of images in these folders to the posts that they belong to. To those of you who are very interested in the photos and who do review the old posts, if you find you can identify the folder of images which belongs to a post, I am very happy to upload those photos to the post. If you would like to take me up on this, please send me an email to dwarvenforgeforums@gmail.com with the folder name and a link to the Forum post to which it applies. If a few posts are linked to the correct images, a pattern might emerge and it *might* be possible to use technological means to figure out the rest.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Photos

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:47 am

Is there a reason why when I click on "Photos" up top while in the forums I go here:

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/photo-gallery/

But when I do it from the main page of the website, I go here?

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/photos/

It says "Archived Forum Images - pre-2015" but there are only 110 photos in there.... :(
106 Resin and 138 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned (After KS4 is delivered)