Cavernous river: waterfall

Shadox
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Shadox » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:17 am

Crioux,

I have not been able to see your original posts. Please repost if you do not mind. I would like to see the work in progress before the event from this weekend occured.

-Shadox

crioux
Orc
Orc

Post by crioux » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:56 am

Alas, when I was finishing the piece, the last coat of still water came out as white as milk. Because I used different stuff for water layers (Games Workshop water effect, and Vallejo Still water.)

The piece is ruined.

jkratzer
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jkratzer » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:05 pm

crioux;

EXCELLENT silicon work! That actually LOOKS like water flowing over the edge of a rock wall! It looks a lot better than you give yourself credit for -at least, I think so!

Thod;

The idea of a 'hidden passage' with a lantern in it, courtesy of Yansolo, is another EXCELLENT idea! Let him know that MINE is the first order, okay?

See ya, guys!

Jim

Thod
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Thod » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:35 pm

Crioux

Well done !!! You did beat me to it on this one. I was thinking to reevaluate my own creation I did quite a while ago. That didn't last due to cheap material. With some HA it should be a lot more stable. I did even contemplate to get YanSolo over and add some LED behind the water. Hmm - I would still be able to get that one done first :O

As I said - great piece !!

Thod

crioux
Orc
Orc

Post by crioux » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:07 pm

I still have some work to do: add ripples in the water, some wet stones (from splashing), and trying to make the falling water better.

I'm not quite satisfied with the Clear silicon texture, not transparent enough, especially at the top of the waterfall.

I'll probably do another, trying to use something else than silicon.

About the secret passage behind the fall, it could have been done easily, maybe the next prototype will have one.

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:01 pm

Looks great!

whitewind
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by whitewind » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:26 am

Very nice. I never thought of building up one of those open water tiles. Very nice tie in with the rest. Would make a nice addition to a room!!

Kradlo
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kradlo » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:47 am

SWEET!!! That is one dandy waterfall! I note there's a little space behind the water, though perhaps not enough to squeeze in a miniature. Still, that's the coolest waterfall I've ever seen, so major kudos, my friend!

:D
Make Mine Master Maze!

crioux
Orc
Orc

Post by crioux » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:53 am

Here is my first attempt at a waterfall, compatible with cavernous river. It's not totally finished, but it gives you an idea.
I used Hirst Art for the Rocks, and the water is made with clear silicon, with clear plastic strips for support. Vallejo Still water for the water in the botton. It does not come out as I though it would.
What do you think ?

Fregul325
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Fregul325 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:28 am

hey heres a cool idea....how about scenery sounds downloadable for each sets.....(i probably have one for each.....Tavern, sewer, city, village...intrested? :)
-can they be posted on the forum (just like photos)?
-would it lead to the best sounds for your games if everyone posted the best background game sounds they have? (prabblye yes)