Modular Tower

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Modular Tower

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Very Nice Crioux!

We probably will do a tower before going on to anything else....I'd better get on it before you steal the show;)

I think we all (as players) want basically the same things...just a matter of time and money of course. There are some things we really need to do (overdue) things before we can tackle new horizons...but a modular tower will definitely eventually get done...it will determine wether we can risk a castle I suppose...of course, Jeff and I will need to take a tour of European castle sites purely for research purposes before hand;)......he,he,he...

crioux
Orc
Orc

Modular Tower

Post by crioux » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:18 am

It`s easy with Hirst Arts. It`s the perfect way to make what you need that doesn`t exist (yet) in Dwarvenforge. But it does takes a lot of time. I spend a lot of times casting bricks.

I hope that Stephen will take notice and maybe produce them. This modular tower could be the first step towards building a modular castle

As for the middle, it will be like the Round corner piece from wicked addition http://www.dwarvenforge.com/store/produ ... 259&page=1. This is where the inspiration comes from.

It would also be even more stable if using half pieces instead of quarter, but less modular

jkratzer
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Modular Tower

Post by jkratzer » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:18 pm

crioux,

Please pardon both the language and the familiarity, but
DAMN, BOY, you are GOOD!

WHOOF!

Jim

whitewind
Minotaur
Minotaur

Modular Tower

Post by whitewind » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:31 pm

This looks fine. What'cha going to put in the middle?

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Modular Tower

Post by Harneloot » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Care to open your own, rival company ;)

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Kradlo
Minotaur
Minotaur

Modular Tower

Post by Kradlo » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:29 am

Dandy! Keep us posted on the progress!
Make Mine Master Maze!

crioux
Orc
Orc

Modular Tower

Post by crioux » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:08 am

Here are the pictures of my first attempt at Modular Tower, using Hirts Art bricks. The center will be filled, I simply don't have the right mold. The missing floor pieces are in another mold, I just ordered it. When you add floors, a simple pillar in the middle will be enough to provide stability.
The top is in one piece. It help the stability and the top don't need to be modular anyway.
The is also a connector piece to make it compatible with DF, like the tower of a castle.

FIX: I modified the connector piece, because as proposed in the picture, it would required half pieces from the Advanced builder set to work properly.
I just made it 1 inch wider on one side.