Wizards Using DF

Saintmac99
Kobold
Kobold

Wizards Using DF

Post by Saintmac99 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:57 am

I know the thread is old, but I HAD to comment on it.

With Wizards 4th ed out, I've noticed something that I had forgotten.......WIZARDS SCREWS EVERYONE. I feel better now.

Seriously though, although I doubt Wizards would attempt it, I still wouldn't put it past them. If you look at their vitural table top demo, it looks a heck of alot like Fantasy Grounds. In fact, that company has written Wizards a "be careful about copying" letter. Having said that, if I was DF, I would be reeeeeallly careful to copyright the hell of their creations.

This all sucks because the game community is great about sharing.

War Duke
Goblin
Goblin

Wizards Using DF

Post by War Duke » Mon May 03, 2004 2:54 pm

I spoke with a Wizards employee at Gen Con in California. I asked that exact question. If they were planning on ever making a cheaper version of DF. She spoke with her boss there and then said, they have a great relationship with DF and endorse their products. They also said they have no plans on ever making a rival product.

That being said it could be BS, but that is what they told me.

TheDungeonDelver
Orc
Orc

Wizards Using DF

Post by TheDungeonDelver » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:02 pm

I just picked-up a mini module from WOTC (Legacy of the Green Regent: Key to the Phantoms' Cloister) and saw a picture of a DF dungeon that they are using for a map(p.16). Kinnda cool, but they did n't mention DF by name or reference...Why? Maybe they thought no one would notice. This is a company that is obbsessive about copyrights, you think they'd put a mention of some one elses product. I just thought the admin should know.

Probably because they're going to try and produce their own cheaper (by "cheaper" I mean quality, not price) version soon and are planning on trying to sink DF, that's why they didn't mention it by name.

We
Own
The
Competiton.

(Yes, I HATE WotC.)

GOLTH
Goblin
Goblin

Wizards Using DF

Post by GOLTH » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:23 pm

I just picked-up a mini module from WOTC (Legacy of the Green Regent: Key to the Phantoms' Cloister) and saw a picture of a DF dungeon that they are using for a map(p.16). Kinnda cool, but they did n't mention DF by name or reference...Why? Maybe they thought no one would notice. This is a company that is obbsessive about copyrights, you think they'd put a mention of some one elses product. I just thought the admin should know.